"Do you have to ask?" Kai rolled his eyes at his clueless friend. He looked back at me as though he was taking in my appearance for the first time. His emerald eyes shining in adoration. "Hi.." he said shyly with a dimpled smile.

"Hey." I returned his smile.

Scanning his face deeply, I noticed how he had dark bags under his eyes. Probably from a lack of sleep. My gaze trailed up to his jade eyes with red lines surrounding the brink of his irises.

He was high.

Realizing that I had noticed, Kai tore away from my penetrating gaze to look back at Ryder, trying to engage in a conversation

"Umm, on that note, I should probably change if I'm gonna be sticking around." I announced.

"What really?" Jasmine asked, "well that's a first." She looked at me suspiciously, trying to deduce something. Her hands resting on her hips as she looked at me, up and down.

I nodded slowly, with my lips pressed to form a straight line, forcing a smile.

"This hasn't got anything to do with a special vampire, does it?" She concluded. A smile creeped on her face and the golden flecks in her eyes sparkling in amusement.

"Ugh, give it up Jas. I'm not you." I rolled my eyes.

Jasmine starts guffawing, her eyes screwed shut, one hand on her knee as she begins leaning forward and the other smacking poor Ryder on the back of his head.

"Did you hear her, she said she's not me!" Jasmine said between laughs, gasping for air as she began to lean on Ryder.
"Annie, hunny. You're not fooling anyone, you're gonna be WORSE than me!" And she begins laughing once more, gasping for air.
"Imma give you two weeks tops!"

Like a fucking hyena on drugs.

"Damn girl, you been smoking weed too?" Ryder held onto Jasmine, looking at her with hilarity yet his eyebrows furrowed anxiously.

Her laugh abruptly stopped and she stood upright.
"What?" She questioned, her eyes wide open as she looks up at Ryder.

His hands were up and he begins to stutter, "Um too, I said that, Well- What I meant to say was um, I- What?"

Kai was now slowly turning around, ready to bolt down the corridor.

"MALACHI BENTLEY BROWN!" Jasmine shrieked so loudly that the echo travelled down the hall. A few cutleries dropped, and the chattering was momentarily silenced as everyone in the hall looked to see what the commotion was all about.