Part 27

"But then how would we build our bridge?" The cartoon on the T.V. enthusiastically exclaimed.

The cartoon was the only sound which distracted me from the dull beeping of my machine. I immediately pressed the power button on the button which silenced the T.V. leaving a black screen.

I sighed as I left the remote beside my leg.

This hospital scent was burning out my nostrils.

I turned my head towards the window on my right. My room was fortunately high up into the building. I was able to see more people walking in and out. I could even see the spread and outline of the surrounding buildings which glistened under the sunlight. The trees were slightly dancing as the spring breeze danced with them.

If I really concentrated, I could imagine the comfortable breeze of air which always hugged me as I walked to school.

"Sura, you have a visitor!"

I snapped my head to see Mingyu playfully calling out as he stuck his head through the door.

A visitor?

Mingyu entered his whole body inside the room as another figure opened the door wider revealing his identity.

"Sura!"

Woohyun gasped as his eyes lit up with excitement. He quickly ran over to my bed as he threw himself into my arms.

"I was so worried! Y-you didn't even tell me any of this!" Woohyun frustratedly argued as he tightened his arms around my neck.

His tight squeeze almost made me lose my breath. I could clearly hear his own breathing right next to my ear. I gently patted his back as I chuckled, "I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

I rubbed his back through his cotton gray sweatshirt as he nuzzled his face into my neck.

"Gosh, you're always making me worried." Woohyun mumbled angrily.

I sighed with satisfaction as his words made me feel some sort of happiness. I mean I was expecting him sooner or later.

"Yah, you two lovebirds. Let's keep some distance, okay?" Mingyu interrupted as he rolled his eyes in the background.

Woohyun immediately released his grasp from me and moved a couple inches back. He tried to form his words in his mouth, "S-so when are you supposed to come back to school?"

I eyed Mingyu for the answer, "She'll be back in a couple of days."

Woohyun sighed as he bowed his head down in distress. Mingyu came up behind Woohyun as he brought his arm around Woohyun's shoulders.

"She'll be up and ready in no time." Mingyu smiled as he ruffled Woohyun's hair. Woohyun sadly nodded as he gave me a look of pity.

Throughout the week, many people have been visiting me. Of course, they weren't really people my age but more of my dads' friends.

When Monsta X came, that was chaotic.

Kihyun was the urge of tears while Hyungwon was trying to gift me a new stuff animal. Shownu was the only one trying to keep the chaos at the bare minimum.

"Get well soon, Sura!" Shownu exclaimed as he started pushing the members out the door since they overstayed their visit.

"D-drink lots of water!" Kihyun sputtered out as Shownu was aggressively pushing him out of the room.

"W-we love you!" Hyungwon managed to shout as his face was shoved out the door.

"Come again soon." I waved as they were forced to leave out of their own will.

However, The Boyz were a whole other story. Let's just say that it felt as if I was on a variety show.

"Ah yes! I see we have a new guest! The Boyz!" Kevin exclaimed as he pointed towards the door.

Suddenly, 11 boys tried to fit through the door frame at once. They were trying to squeeze all of their bodies as they complained due to the lack of space.

"Yah! Wait your turn!" Kevin groaned as the boys all tried to squeeze in at once.

The Boyz gave me the same comical warmth as my dads do. "Look at what I can do, Sura!" Hwall suddenly tried to look behind my ear.

He reached behind my ear and as he pulled back his hand, he formed a hand heart. Hwall's face lit up with excitement to see my reaction. I gently smiled as he seemed more impressed than me.

"Hwall, that is literally so boring and lame." Eric scoffed as he rolled his eyes.

"Well, she liked it!" Hwall fired back as he placed his hands on his hips.

11 people coming into my room will probably never be known as boring. The room definitely couldn't maintain their energy.

Nu'est also joined.

Despite their older age than The Boyz and Monsta X, they definitely were a handful.

Ren had such a burst of energy while the members were trying to pin him down. Yet, they were all filled with random outlets of energy.

Minhyun was even trying to display his many talents.

It was very difficult to divide my attention throughout all members who were trying to show me something.

I smiled as I remembered all the people who paid a visit to me. The lingering warmth filled my heart fully.

The dark night reflected into my room which now had an ominous feel to it. Visiting hours were over so the room felt empty and still.

Maybe I should just go sleep now.

I rested my head on the single pillow on my bed. I pulled the blanket up to my shoulders as I turned my body towards the window.

At least I have a peaceful image right before I fall asleep. The moon pieced together the whole image.

I rested my eyes as I felt the drowsiness overcome me.

Click.

The sudden click of the opening door interrupted my sleep. It was probably the nurse. Heavy footsteps walked over to my bed.

"Is this the girl?"

"She looks like the girl in the picture."

"Alright. Here, inject her with this."

Huh? At this hour?

The sudden weight of my head immediately sunk deeper into the pillow before I could make a noise.