Part 22

"Do you think I was a cat in my past life?" Wonwoo blurted out.

I was laying on Dino's stomach as he laid down on the wooden floor of the practice room playing with Hoshi's hair.

"You read too much." Dokyeom commented.

Minghao peeked his head out of his book, "Maybe you should try it. You'll learn something."

Everyone chuckled as a smiling Minghao rested his head on Mingyu's leg.

Everyone was still heavily breathing from their intense practice from over a hour ago. Dino was caressing my hair as I started to become sleepy. Maybe I should close my eyes.

"Seventeen!"

A door barged in. Everyone shot up to see a group of boys standing in the doorway.

"Nu'est!" Everyone shouted back.

Dino immediately stood up, picking me up from the ground. He carried me with one hand as he politely bowed.

An unfamiliar man started running up towards me, "And this must be the famous Sura!"

He smiled widely as he tilted his head.

"You punk, you can't go running up on her like that." Another man came up smacking the back of his head.

Three other men started walking behind him.

"I'm Ren! And this is Minhyun, Baekho, Aron, and JR." The guy who ran up to me exclaimed.

They were filled with energy even though they seemed a bit older. I can see where my dads leaned their energy from.

"Seventeen!"

Another person barged in. It was their manager. I wouldn't be surprised if the president just barged in too.

"Emergency meeting. Let's go." He commented as he left again.

Dino looked around as he looked at me, "Uh, Sura. Why don't you stay with them while we're gone? You can go to the park or a cafe."

Dino gently placed me on the ground, patting my head. He fixed my clothes as he gave me a reassuring smile, "It'll be quick."

Dino started running out of the room. It was just me and five men I just met. I guess they trust them enough to leave me with them.

"So, what would you like to do?" Minhyun knelt down to my level. What should I do?

"I'm okay with anything." I replied.

He grinned as softly petted my head, "Why don't we go to the park across the street?"

I nodded as he stood up straight.

"The park!" Ren yelled as he jumped excitingly.

"Aren't you a little too old to be excited?" JR chuckled. Ren ignored him as he skipped out of the practice room.

I held Minhyun's hand as we all walked out to entrance of the building.

We walked to the sidewalk which was beside a busy road. "Here, walk on the inside." Minhyun guided me to switch hands.

I squeezed his hands tightly as we walked among the hot sun. The grown men were talking collectively amongst themselves.

I looked straight ahead to see a generic playground. There were a couple of children already running around while the moms chattered in groups.

Minhyun came to a halt as we reached a stop light.

"It's pretty busy for a Sunday." JR commented as he admired the rush of traffic.

The red light that was in the shape of a hand suddenly transitioned to a green person walking.

"Come on, let's go." Minhyun said as he started walking.

He guided me gently as we crossed the street. I looked up to see Minhyun looking straight ahead with his soft eyes. His soft image reminded me of Joshua.

HONK!

I looked to the cause of noise which was on my right. I saw a car racing right at me at full speed.

A car? The world felt as if it stopped for two seconds.

I could clearly see the driver's distressed face. He seemed to be yelling something. I couldn't hear and tell what he was saying.

"Sura!"

I felt Minhyun's hand yank me to the side aggressively. Minhyun pulled me right into his chest, embracing my back tightly. His chest was inflating and deflating as he took heavy breathes.

"Minhyun!"

Minhyun quickly pulled away from me and knelt down to my level, "Sura! Are you okay?"

I was still in shock from the sudden events. His eyes were searching my face for a reaction. I nodded as I buried my face into his shoulder. Minhyun gently caressed my hair as he picked me up from the ground. Minhyun rubbed my back gently as I didn't bother looking up anymore as chatter arise.

"On second thought, let's go to a cafe."

"And here's one orange juice." The waiter placed onto the table.

I rested my head on Minhyun's chest as I stared at the table.

"That man. Can't even see where he's going." Baekho sighed as he took a sip out of his ice coffee.

Ren nodded as he took a sip of his drink. Suddenly, he scrunched his face in disgust, "Ugh! Wrong drink! Is this yours?" He shoved the drink to JR.

I softly chuckled seeing his dramatic reaction.

"Yah. Do it again." Minhyun whispered as he caressed my arm.

Ren suddenly took another sip as he scrunched his face again but in a different and more embarrassing way. How is that even possible?

I laughed quietly as he looked at me with such a face.

"Wah! No way! Is that a troll?" Baekho commented from the sides.

Ren suddenly glared at him with lasers, "What did you say?"

Baekho suddenly got out of his seat and started running around the table as Ren chased him around.

"Tom and Jerry!" JR grinned.

I smiled as they radiated so much energy and positivity. I snuggled my head into Minhyun's shirt as I admired this scene.

My worries all washed away with such laughter. I kinda like them.