Part 26

Seungcheol's POV

"Seungcheol. Please, at least eat." Seungkwan gripped onto my shoulder as his voice was filled with pure worry.

"I'm not hungry." I replied as I didn't bother making eye contact with Seungkwan nor Vernon.

I can't leave Sura alone. She might wake up any moment and I have to be here for her.

I stared at Sura's bandaged forehead as she was in deep sleep. The steady beeping of her machine was the only thing keeping time for me.

I wonder how long I've been here.

"Sura wouldn't want to see you like this. At least eat a little." Vernon comforted as he stepped closer to me.

I turned my head towards Seungkwan and Vernon who eyed me worryingly.

"Vernon's right. You haven't left that chair ever since sunrise. It's already 4. Vernon and I will stay here while you go home for a bit." Seungkwan stated as he reassuringly patted my back.

I sighed deeply.

They're right. I probably look like a mess right now. I'm just making everyone worry. That's not healthy for me or anyone else.

I took another glance at Sura.

Her hands were rested beside her body as she breathed steadily along with the monitor. She looked the same as when she got moved to this dull room.

I leaned over to her, kissing her gently on the forehead, "I'll be right back, Sura."

I pushed my chair back and looked over at Seungkwan and Vernon, "If anything happens, call me immediately."

They nodded in sync as I left the hospital room in silence.

I gently closed the door behind me as I breathed in deeply.

She'll be fine.

I glanced through the window to see Vernon and Seungkwan caring for Sura.

She'll be fine. I'll be right back. Wait for me, Sura.

Sura's POV

Argh. My head.

My eyes struggle to open as the first thing I saw was a blinding white light.

Where even am I?

My bedroom lights aren't these bright. I immediately saw a whole different room rather than the comfort of my own room.

What?

The bed felt different. My clothes were not cotton.

A hospital room? Why am I in a hospital room?

I immediately saw someone laying their head down on the side of the bed.

Seungcheol. I can recognize the nape of his neck along with the clothes he wore anywhere.

He seemed to be sleeping as it seemed he was breathing slowly.

"Seungcheol?" I meekly called out.

His head slowly raised up. His eyebrows shot up as he blinked a couple of times. His hair was messy and his face seemed dry. His confused expression immediately transitioned to a face filled with surprise.

"Sura! You're awake!"

Seungcheol squeezed my hand tightly as he beamed his eyes with mine. He scanned my body to confirm that this wasn't a dream.

His other hand reached up to my cheek, "You're awake. I'm so happy."

My mind was still trying to grasp what was going on. What was I doing in a hospital in a hospital bed? And how can I not remember what happened?

I scanned the hospital room once again to piece together the unknown and unclear puzzle piece.

"Seungcheol, why am I here? What happened?" I gasped out as I analyzed his face for a logical answer.

He breathed out as he clasped his hands around my right hand, "Sura, you hit your head on your bedside table. That's why we brought you here. You don't remember?"

I hit my head on my bedside table? I did?

The last thing I remembered was I was sleeping. I was sleeping and I think I had a dream. What was the dream about again? I think it was about my parents? And Eunha. And the orphanage.

The dream.

"Sura? Are you okay? You're getting pale again. Should I call the nurses?" Seungcheol lightly patted my face.

I shook my head to collect my scattered thoughts which were still missing half of the puzzle.

"Ah no. I was just zoning out." I said while squeezing onto Seungcheol's hand.

Seungcheol stared at me worriedly as his eyebrows furrowed. I can't make him worried anymore. That's all I'm doing to him.

"Don't worry. I'm okay." I reassuringly confirmed to him. I looked at his appearance.

His shirt was baggy while he wore black jeans. He had a face mask pulled down to his chin to allow him to speak clearly. He added a minimal black cap to hide most of his messy hair yet there were still peeking parts of his hair exposed. His eyes had dark bags under them as his eyelids were puffy.

"You look tired." I commented as I analyzed his appearance.

Seungcheol shook his head as he broke into a grin, "Tired? I'm filled with energy right now."

I sighed as his lies were see through.

"You should go home. You look tired and hungry." I replied to his obvious lie.

Seungcheol chuckled as he moved my strands of hair out of my face, "You're so considerate. I can't believe you've grown so much."

The sudden emotional talk made my tear ducts activate. Seungcheol's eyes glistened as he admired my facial features.

"You taught me."

Seungcheol bit his lip with agony as he suddenly bursts into tears, "Sura. Don't ever scare me like that again."

He pulled me into a tighter than usual embrace as he caressed my hair. I chuckled as he immediately broke his "cool" side. He sniffled into my shoulder as he kept his hand on the back of my head.

I sighed in relief to see Seungcheol as the same emotional person he always is.

"I know. I love you too."