17. home

They were faraway from the place, the soil that laments the tragic loss of the loved ones. The four hours drive consisted of her laying silently in her Khala's lap, who was stroking her hair. She was softly humming an old urdu tune, her eyes closed. Her Taya Abbu was sitting at front seat , analysing the evidences she had given him before leaving Salah Khan's house as she has thrown away the bag consisting of her clothes and few sharp cutlery. He would ocassionaly glance back at his wife and niece, would give a soft smile at their position and go back at his work .

Ahad Lehri was suprised that how a young girl like Afreen was able to fetch off the evidences from lion's den, but he realised he shouldn't be surprised, she was strong just like her mother, shares the same fierceness as her . and sharp like her father, and he was proud of her. And he knew his brother and sister-in-law would have been proud too, they might not be here today but their daughter would always follow their footsteps. The girl shares the same fierceness as her mother. Yet he knew even if she was appearing physically strong, she was going through an emotional trauma, which would come in a full force during the court sessions so he quietly sent his prayer to HIM to ease her problems .

The breeze was caressing her bare face as she got out of the car. The beige colour 2 storey house with black and golden design imprinted on the doors with classic balcony looked same as it was years ago when she too young and naive. The colour might have faded a bit but the feeling it brought to her was above the materialistic beauty she saw at his havelli .

Her childhood home looked the same as before, the past 8 years haven't changed the place that she called her home, the memories she had locked behind the doors of her heart were coming back in full force making her eyes teary. She was blessed with sharp memory, it was difficult for her to erase the things she has seen since childhood, sometimes it felt like a curse but right now it was really a blessing. She was thankful that she could remember her times with her parents , their smiles and laughs, their voices and many other memories.

Ahad stood beside her with Arsalan on her other side,who noticed the faraway look in his sister's eyes. Ever since they have left for Islamabad, he had not spoken a word yet. He was giving her time to adjust back in her family. He wasn't worried about her adjusting back, he knew sometimes it takes time to settle the things down in your mind, accept them, and move along them. It is how life is, we need to first figure out the things, accept them and move on with them. He knew he and the family would be there with her whenever she would need the support .

.....

" Bhai, when is the first hearing? ", Afreen asked as they left the guest house after meeting Hafsa and the people. Arsalan was there to note down the statements, knowing they would play a good role in winning the case. It has been a week, and so far the police has Fariq and his partners in custody.

" Friday, and the good thing is, we have the file on money transactions and international transports and in the few hearings we would reach the conclusion ", Afreen nodded, already glad. It was already Wednesday and they were trying their best to make Fariq surrender .

So far, her emotional state has not wavered, she has become quiet, but her mind has started to leave the happenings of past in past. Sure they would become a hurdle in future, but she was ready to let it go for now.

But what about the soul, has it forgotten?

___________

Vote .Comment .share .Follow .

Love,

Manya