10.Rubaiya Begum

The pall of darkness has fallen upon the land of Sadabad.The crescent moon was nowhere to be seen, the tiny stars were twinkling in the deep sky .Two stars were shining the brightest ,and Afreen stood looking at them as tears formed in her eyes .

When she was little ,her mother use to tell her ,that when Allah calls a person above , those people go in space and shine like the stars . Whenever you wish to see them just glance up at the dark sky and whichever seems to shine brightest you will know who they are .And today as she saw those two stars ,she felt she was looking in her mother's light brown hazel eyes .The eyes where she had found her solace ,those truthful eyes where she found answers of every question .And today those eyes were telling her to keep sabr (Patience),telling her to to grasp on strength and to follow the path of Almighty .

Tears have started to fall as she remembered her baba's words of wisdom .The one which taught her never to give up ,the words through which he taught her to stand up for oneself ,how never let anyone crush your being .She was going to follow her Amma(Mother) and Baba(Father) ,her family ,the one she lost ,but the one that still remained in her heart ,in her soul . She was going to same herself and many others .She would never let the devil like Fariq sultan crush her .

With that strength she moved down ,she has already removed her payals(anklets) and chudiyaan(bangles) .She had wore her dupatta(veil) in form of hijab ,not wanting anything to destroy her plan . She knew tomorrow Fariq was going to sell her off .She had heard of it when she came downstairs after narrating her plan to Hafsa .She already got to know about Fariq intention with her from zaida ,she was not going to be the victim of rape ,she was not going to let Fariq have his way with her .

Walking immediately to kitchen she took all the knives and sharp things to her room along with lighter,hiding them along with the file .They have already collected the evidence , the papers of the deals from Fariq's room earlier .There were only few but were enough ,to take these people down .

............

Fariq Sultan was returning back to the havelli , along with drunk Rubaiya Begum and Jalal ,both were not even to support their weight .The Black havelli was covered in darkness with a few lights on ,something which would have looked suspicious but this was the regular thing . They were coming back from Jashan(party) ,the dealers have organised in celebration of their finaling of deals .The girls were of great money ,and tomorrow they would not be here in Sadabad ,but there would be money and it holds the value greater than his own soul .

"Uske pass jaa rhe ho?" Rubaiya spoke up.(Are you going to her?) .Her voice held strong jealousy and feeble hope .Her hand weakly clenching the hem of his shirt .

If Fariq was not covered by the screen of greed and selfishness, he would have seen her painful love.

Rubaiya begum was a beautiful lady in her early thirties ,well everyone on this planet is beautiful ,irrespective of their age ,race ,class or gender . But she fitted according to standards of what society called beautiful , she was the lady with sharp nose, olive skin and long black hair ,but was a tawaif and tawaifs are not given place in this society .They are accorded low in the societal standards . The woman had her insecurities ,but they would only appear in the influence of alcohol .This woman had only given Fariq her body and soul ,no other man was allowed to touch it other than him .But a man like Fariq who was engulfed in his greed and lust could not see the the real rubaiya begum .

"Haan jaa raha hun uske pass.",Fariq replied without glancing at her. Her hand went slack, leaving the hem of his shirt .(Yes, I'm going to her. )

She was just a toy for him ,the toy he would play with and the toy which he would throw away if he gets bored .

And Afreen was ready to destroy this player .

_______________

The name of places are fictitious ,if by any chance they are related to an actual place then it is purely coincidental . And this story does not have any intention to violate any person's character or choices or situations.It is a fictional work.

Vote.Comment.Share.Follow

love,

Manya