2.nikah

It felt like the sky was crying , the dark veil of clouds were mourning the destruction of the kind soul , as the red veil was put on Afreen's head and the glass chudis bounded her hands . It was the day of her nikah , in which she would be sold to a nasty 38 old man . Nikah ,The day for which every girl dreams ,to get her hand and feet adorn by henna and jewels . A day when almighty showers blessing and peace on the newly weds and a new journey starts for them . But for her this day was something she never dreamt of . It was the day when every moment she would dream to die , to escape the hell which was created by the devils .

She was told beforehand to agree to whatever was happening otherwise the consequence would be worse . Worse . What can be more worse than this , She thought bitterly . Women should understand each other , but this cruel women who was forcing bangles in her hands , was her annihilator . 

As she signed the nikah papers , she could see her world ending . The dreams she wove were tore without her permission , leaving the remenants at her husband's feet , so he could crush them with his pointed shoes .

Walking by his side , she sat beside him in the car . The closed off space and her heavy dress was making her feel claustrophobhic . The awful burning smell took her attention to the man sat beside her , puffing out drags from his cigarette , making her breathing shallow . As the car came to a stop , she threw open the door . It was a surprise that she came out of the car alive and not as a corpse .

Well nothing was going according to what she ever dreamt of . The sight which greeted upon entering the two-storey black and golden house would haunt her forever . A women being dragged away by two men . Not only she was dragged away but the said woman's clothes were also torn , making bile rise in Afreen throat . She was terrified for that woman , who was being tortured for allah knows how many times . Breaking of glass broke her chain of thoughts . The noise came from the dark hallway and a cry echoed through the house . The cry of helplessness and the cry of sorrow .

She looked around her surroundings and saw the man , who was her husband from now on , was looking at her with empty eyes . She was taught that eyes are the mirror of one's soul and seeing his eyes she can see that the man's soul was as empty as his eyes . 

He came towards her and dragged her towards the stairs , the long maroon skirt flowing around her . He threw open a dark door and threw her on the bed . Afreen's bloodshot eyes widened and she felt she was going to be robbed off of her dignity . The veil was no longer on her hair . She harshly drew the veil on her head and covered herself as much as she could . " You should not move out of this room without my permission ", the man said menacingly and the door was shut after him . She could feel the feeling of numbness taken over her .

Not a tear has leaked , but it felt like she had cried a ocean .

chudiyan hathkadi si lg rhi thi 

ruh ghut si rahi thi 

laal dupatta khoon ka sej bn gya tha

maano zindagi har rhi thi vo

____________________________

Stand up to wrong at the right time .

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

love,

Manya