7.Courage

Fear. An unpleasant feeling triggered by the perception of danger, real or imagined , which causes physiological changes and ultimately behavioral changes, such as fleeing, hiding, or freezing from perceived traumatic events.

She could feel the danger was real , if the heavy breathing ,the bloodshot eyes and the messed up clothes of the man were any indication .The way she felt her throat closing up and felt hands gripping her veins , as if to stop the blood flowing .If he came any closer ,she would faint she was sure of that . She has started to freeze , her face facing the man himself .

There is the the thing about fear , It cloggs up one's mind ,he or she looses the ability to think ,to take any actions , they try to runaway from it and somehow comes even more closer to it.

Fear has already overpowered her senses and before she could move back she felt a burning sensation on her cheek .Her head for whirling but before she could faint she heard small squeak and a loud thud . Her head jerked towards the sound and she released a breathe ,she didn't even knew she was holding .

Before she could even think she had rushed to bathroom splashing water all over her ashen face and slid down the wall , the sobs vibrating through her .Her heart ready to beat out her ribcage . Was her life always going to be like this , would she get hit and hurt till her soul leaves her body ?would she always come in the bathroom and splash water over her face and look at herself ? would she always look like this restless, this broken? She don't know . And she don't think if she ever want to know .

Many women are the victims of domestic violence ,she wasn't new , and she knew she wasn't the only one in this house . The sobs she heard earlier , the woman she saw who was dragged away by the men on her wedding night , she somehow had an idea what was going on behind those close doors. It was just that ,she wasn't ready to believe that people were so vicious ,that people had given up on humanity .Was it possible if Fariq Sultan have not passed out that moment ,she would have lost her dignity ,the one thing she was left with after this ?

She knew the answer already and nothing other than that has ever terrified her before .

...........

The sunlight peaked through the small window .The girl has not got even a wink of sleep ,infact the sleep was the last thing on her mind . As she stood up , she saw an angry bruise on her left cheek , her cheek was throbbing with pain .It was not the first time she had recieved a slap ,Hazra Bashir has not left any chance to show afreen her place there in yateemkhana . Even her in this havelli ,she has been slapped thrice , or was it more , she don't remember .She was barely feeling anything that time .The sight of the man trying to touch zaida was enough to make her restless .The breaking of the glass that was in her hand had moved the man away from zaida ,but that action had caught the attention of fariq sultan and from there his slaps started .

But today something has ignited within her .

Wiping the dried streaks of tears she moved toward the door to hear if the man was there or not . Seeing the coast clear , she moved towards the bag . But before she could open the zip , her hand was torn away from the bag . There stood Fariq sultan in all his glory .He moved to snatch away the dupatta from her head ,but before he could , she had rushed out the door and stumbled down the stairs .

She was not going to be another victim, and she will make sure of that . That something was courage .

Uski saansein thami huyi thi,(Her breathing stopped)

pr hari nhi thi vo abhi bhi,(But she has not lost yet)

uske andar ab himmat thi.(She now had courage within her)

______________________________

Its high time , people stand up for themselves , their life and their dignity .

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT and Share

love,

Manya