Chapter 58 - Castle of If: Part 2

German's POV:

So far I'm shocked by what Edmond told me about himself. I didn't have an idea that he suffered this much and now I feel bad for thinking the worst about him before.

Sometimes I looked over to Angie who seemed to be really heartbroken as she was also listening to Edmond's story. I know she told me that she knew his full story, but it's really hard to even listen to it and see where he had to live 14 years... 14 years! It's so long time to live in this tiny hole and try to survive.

Our guide came back and I was guessing we were about to leave...

- Can you take us to cell 24? - Edmond asked the guide.

- Sure - he nodded - Follow me.

This exact cell was one floor lower than we were now. When we arrived Edmond once again asked the guide to leave us alone there and when it happened for long minutes all he could do was to walk around a few time in the room before he turned back to us and started speaking...

- This was his cell... - he said.

- Faria? - Angie asked and he nodded.

Then Edmond walked closer to the bed as he seemed to be deep in thoughts.

- His last breaths... His last words... - he mumbled then knelt beside the bed - I did what I promised to you... Father...

Angie meanwhile linked both her arms into mine which made me smile.

- Okay... - Edmond sighed as he stood up and seemed to be snapping back to reality now - He showed me and taught me so many things and thanks to him I could get out of here... But too much time passed and I lost everything and everyone I had...

He then turned to Angie and smiled:

- And soon after I found the money he left for me I met you, Angie... - he said and they both smiled at each other which made me jealous. He seemed to be noticing it because he patted my shoulder - Now let's get going...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Soon we got out of the palace and went back to where we started.

- I'm sorry... - I sighed after a while of silent on the boat.

- Why so? - Edmond asked confused.

- I thought the worst about you... Because of my jealousy, but I never thought you have been suffering this much...

- No one did - he replied with a smile - But it's okay. I can understand you - he said then held out his hand - I have no problem with you... So I hope we can be friends...

I didn't hesitate a bit: I shook his hand while I could feel Angie's eyes on me and she kissed me on the cheek.

Angie's POV:

German is so understanding. He patiently listened over Edmond's story and now they seem to be friends now which I'm really happy about.

When we arrived back a jacht were there, waiting and there stood Baptistin and Haydeé too.

- Now it's time for me to leave... - said Edmond calmly.

- What?! - I gasped - Are you leaving?!

- Yes, Angie - he nodded - I want to make sure Haydeé gets what she deserves and gets her dad's place.

- So you're going to Greece...

- Yes... - he said the stepped closer to me and hugged me tightly - I have some more business to do which I don't want to involve you...

- But Edmond... - I started, but he cut me off.

- Don't worry, Angie... - he smiled - I'm not going to do anything that get me killed... Because this is what you're worried about... Am I right?

- Yeah...

- I'll come back... But for now I have one request to you...

- What is it?

- Enjoy your life with German... - he said then kissed my head - And you, German...

- Yes? - said German, a bit surprised.

- Take a good care of Angie... Or you'll regret it... - he said coldly, but I could feel that he was only cold because he wants the best for me - She is someone who will always be the most important person in my life, beside Haydeé and I want her happy... So make sure that she's happy...

- I will - German said with a smile as he took a hold of my hand and squeezed it.

- Alright... Now I shall get go---

- Edmond, wait! - suddenly a female voice shouted....