Chapter 40 - Beginning of disaster: Part 2

German's POV:

Later that day Priscilla came up to me, upset again and I thought she's about to kill me.

- What's wrong? - I asked her.

- I told you something, didn't I? You need to choose now!

- What?

- You need to choose between me and Angie!

And with that she stormed off and just now I noticed Vilu at my office door.

- Vilu...

- I'm not gonna say anything, Dad - she said - You really do need to choose...

Of course... I feel so stupid now.

Angie's POV:

At the early evening I was about to leave the house, but German stopped me.

- Can I quickly ask you something before you go?

- Sure. What is it?

- Do you know anything about... What happened with Morcerf?

- Huh? Well, his lies came out... In short...

- There is something more... Isn't it? - he asked as he looked at me in the eyes. Good god! He knows how to make me weak, but I'm not giving in!

- There is... But you're better if you don't know about it, okay? So please... Don't ask anything more...

He just stared at me, surprised as I soon left the house and went straight home.

----- TIME SKIP -----

As I arrived home Edmond was in the salon, staring into the distance. He seemed to be deep in thought so I felt like I'm better not to bother him, but then...

- Angie... Come here, please - he suddenly said just as I was about to leave.

I went to sit beside him on the sofa.

- Did I hear the news right? - he asked.

- About Fernand? Yes, it is all true - I replied firmly - Haydeé wanted to go... And I went to escort her.

- Good - he smiled.

- Aaand....

- Aaand? - Edmond looked at me, confused.

- I wanted to see his scared and annoyed face when he realizes his secret is no longer a secret...

Edmond smiled and pulled me into a hug.

- You know you don't need to hate everyone that I hate... - he said and kissed my head.

- Fernand pissed me off when he wanted me... You know... In the Studio...

- Oh yeah... - Edmond groaned.

- Then once again on the street...

- What?! - he gasped.

- Yeah... But forget about that...

- How could I forget about that when he...?!

I cut him off with a soft and passionate kiss and when we broke the kiss he just stared at me and smiled softly.

- Fine... Let's just forget it - he smiled and this time he kissed me with so much passion.

----- TIME SKIP -----

The next day I went to the Studio to teach the kids. On the afternoon I was in the music room when Vilu came in to talk.

- Priscilla want Dad to choose... - she said after a while.

- Huh? Why? - I asked, confused.

- Angie! - she snapped at me.

- What?!

- Don't tell me you didn't notice what Dad is doing lately!

- Of course I noticed, but what do you want me to do?!

- I don't know to be honest...

- Or are you blaming me for Priscilla being dramatic?

- I didn't say that!

- Maybe you didn't... But it sounded like that...

- Angie...

- I didn't do anything with you Dad! I told him to not to get too close to me again because it's not good for any of us, but he never listens to anyone! I asked him to leave me alone, but he kept telling me that he wants me... I told him that he's with Priscilla and I have a boyfriend too so let's just be friend. So if he does something stupid again then that's not my fault, but his for being so... I don't even know... - I said then I took a deep breath - Now I have to go...

And with that I felt. I can't believe it! Priscilla starts to get Vilu against me as well as she wants German against me! I'm sure of that!