Chapter 51 - Marseille

Angie's POV:

After some time and saying goodbye to Vilu I went back home where Edmond was already waiting for me.

- What's up? Are we going already??

- Yes. I knew German won't make you stay... So yeah - he smiled.

- I see... - I sighed - Just give me 15 more minutes and I'll be ready to go too.

- Alright - he nodded and I went upstairs to my room.

Edmond's POV:

Angie went upstairs and I called Baptistin over.

- Yes, Mylord? - he asked when he stood in front of me.

- Do you have the record? - I asked him.

- Yes, Sir! - he nodded.

- Good. You're staying here and when I call you it's time.

Baptistin nodded and soon Angie came back with her bag and when she appeared I looked over to my servant one more time to see if he understood what I asked. He looked at me and nodded, showing me that he understood and walked away.

- Baptistin doesn't come with us? - Angie asked, confused.

- No. I asked him to do some business for me so he stays, but he'll come after us to Paris - I replied.

- Are we going to France too?

- Yes.

- Sometimes I'd be really happy if you'd tell me your full plans - she groaned.

- Okay, okay - I laughed - My bad... But now let's get going!

----- TIME SKIP -----

Angie's POV:

Soon we were in Marseille and I could see that many feelings were rushing through Edmond's heart and mind as we arrived.

We then headed to the house where his dad was leaving.

- Dad... - he sighed deeply when we were in the apartment. It was really small, but big enough for one person to live in there - I couldn't be here for you... I disappointed you...

I could see he was near to cry now as I got a hold of his hand.

- He wouldn't be disappointed... He knew you wasn't guilty after all...

- I wasn't here what he needed me!

- It wasn't your fault, you know that!

- Danglars' fault... Fernand and Villefort... They all get what they deserve... - Edmond hissed as he squeezed my hand gently - Let's get going...

- Okay... - I nodded as we left the apartment.

----- TIME SKIP -----

We were staying in a hotel and when we arrived there my phone began to ring. The number belong to German...

- Hello, German - I said.

- It's Priscilla - I hear her cold voice in the phone.

- Huh?

- Just wanted to tell you... That you made the best decision by leaving Buenos Aires again - she said coldly - German loves me and we'll be husband and wife in a week.

- In a week...?

- Yes. We just decided to make it earlier as we have nothing to wait for anymore.

I began to shake as she said that and Edmond just walked into the room, looking confused at me.

- Good luck with him then... - I muttered.

- Oh, you know he's the best husband that anyone could get... I know you still love him, but he will never be yours again. He's already mad at you enough to not to look for you anymore so stay where you are now and never come back, you usele--

Suddenly Edmond got the phone out of my hand and hang up, but I couldn't be mad at him now. I just burst out crying.

He sighed, sat beside me on the bed and hugged me tightly as I was crying my eyes out once again because of German...