Chapter 6 - A song and emotions

Around two hours passed when I was talking to Vilu and the others, but I could see from the corner of my eyes that Edmond is talking quite happily to Morcerf count's wife Mercedes who was his old love. She doesn't know who she's talking to, but Edmond does and as I'm sitting here and watching them my heart is just breaking into pieces.

I love him so much and I want to be right beside him in everything and sometimes I feel like he likes me the way I do like him, but then I'm seeing him with her and as he looks at her makes me so jealous... But I can't do anything about it...

- Angie! - suddenly Vilu's voice snapped me out of my thoughts and get my full attention now - Can we sing your song together?

- My... song?

I suddenly didn't know what she was talking about.

- Algo se enciende!

- Oh! - I laughed awkwardly - Well...

- With all of the girls and the others! Like before you left...

- Okay - I cut her off - Okay, we can do that if the others want it too of course. The count said you can sing and whatever you want to at this party so...

- Okay! - Vilu jumped up excitedly and went to her friends to get them sing with us and as I saw no one had anything against it.

----- TIME SKIP -----

When everything was ready we began which draw Edmond's attention to us as well as the other people's attention.

First was me and Vilu:

Si te sientes perdido en ningún lado

Viajando tu mundo del pasado

Si dices mi nombre, yo te iré a buscar

Then Francesca and Camilla then slowly everyone joined:

Si crees que todo está olvidado

Que tu cielo azul está nublado

Si dices mi nombre, te voy a encontrar

Es tan fuerte lo que creo y siento

Que ya nada detendrá este momento

El pasado es un recuerdo

Y los sueños crecen, siempre crecerán

I could see now that everyone was looking at us and Edmond was smiling in satisfaction mostly at me which made me quite happy too and when I looked at German he was also smiling.

Ya verás que algo se enciende de nuevo

Tiene sentido intentar cuando estamos juntos

Algo se enciende de nuevo

Tiene sentido intentar cuando estamos juntos

Cuando estamos juntos podemos soñar

Si sientes que nadie te espera

Que no encontrarás la manera

Si dices mi nombre, yo te iré a buscar

Si crees que solo un recuerdo

Y que tu interior esta desierto

Si dices mi nombre, te voy a encontrar

----- TIME SKIP -----

We finished singing with all the students and teachers and the other guests began to clap for us and surprisingly even the nobles enjoyed it.

- That was really good - said Fernand de Morcerf.

- So much emotions... - said his wife.

- Amazing! - said Edmond as he jumped up the stage - In corus your song, Angie just sounds amazing!

- I know! And thank you - I said, smiling and he pulled me into a hug which surprised me very much, but I liked it.

Later I went out to one of the balcony that this house has to breath some fresh air and think. Think why am I feeling so jealous and upset whenever I see Edmond with his ex. But honestly... I do know why... And I know it's bad, but I can't help it.

As I was thinking I didn't realize that German was coming outside too only when I got myself together and decided to go back inside.

- Ah! - I gasped - Jesus, German!

- Sorry... Did I scare you? - he mumbled.

- Yes, you did! - I sighed deeply - What are you doing here? Why aren't you with Priscilla?!

- Because I want to know why are you still mad at me.

- I.... don't hate you - I replied to him hesitantly and unfortunately he noticed my hesitation.

- I know you're lying....

I didn't say anything, but he came closer to me and touched my cheek softly which would make me melt in a normal situation.

- Fine. I hate you then... Happy?

- No...

- What else do you want me to say?

- That what happened with you in France... Because you seem different since you came back...

Now I didn't know what to do and seeing this German pulled me into his arms and hugged me protectively... It felt like that hug he gave me before I left...

- Angie, please... Let me help you...

Now I pushed him away.

- Help me? Do you want to help me?! You didn't help me when I needed you the most and now when I doN't need help you're offering it to me?!

- Angie, I...

- You don't even know what I went through while I was watching you with Esmeralda and you don't know anything that happened in France either... - I said, trying to keep myself as calm as possible then continued - Did you even think that your ignorance and behaviour almost made me take my own life away?!