Chapter 46 - The challenge

Angie's POV:

A few days passed and everything seemed calm except that Villefort's daughter Valentine became seriously sick too, but surprisingly she didn't die and soon me and Edmond found out that it's all thanks to her grandfather.

Anyway... About Priscilla: Well, let's just say I haven't say anything because I was guessing German wouldn't believe me...

----- TIME SKIP -----

I have been in the Studio for a while now when Edmond came up behind me once when I was alone, wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck softly.

- Oh my... - I gasped - Edmond...

- Correct, my dear - he smiled - Anyway... Would you like to come with me to the opera tonight?

- Yeah... Sure thing! - I nodded.

- We both need to relax a bit...

- You're stressed too?

- Yeah... Kinda...

- Well... Then it's decided - I smiled and kissed his cheek - We'll have a great time together!

- I'm sure we will - he grinned then pulled me into his lap - If we won't focus on something else... - he added and began to kiss my neck.

- Ah s-stop - I giggled.

- Hmm... Not gonna do that... Not yet - he whispered.

----- TIME SKIP -----

In the evening we both got ready and headed to the opera. We didn't even had to go inside when I recognized German outside the door and smiled when he saw me.

- Hey! - I said as we walked up to him, but before I could say anything more he pulled me into his arms and hugged me very tightly - G-German...?

- Can we talk later on? - he asked very quietly.

I just nodded without saying anything and just as German let go of me and shook hands with Edmond Priscilla and Debray appeared. What the hell?!

- Can my friend join us too? - she asked from German with the fakest smile I've ever seen.

- Yeah, sure - German nodded then he turned back to us - Are you two coming too?

- Yes...

- Just a minute - Edmond cut me off.

German looked confused, but then they went in and I turned to face Edmond, but before I could ask, or say anything he said:

- If you love him even as a family you'll tell him...

- How could I...? - I sighed, but yet I wanted to break them apart so bad.

----- LATER -----

The opera had now 15 minutes break so I decided to go and see German in the hall and as soon as I arrived I noticed German right away.

- Hey! - I smiled - What did you want to talk about?

- I know who the count really is... - he started as we went outside to talk.

- Huh? What do you mean by that?

- His name is Edmond Dantes and...

- Shut up! - I groaned, cutting him off - Would you be quiet?!

- So you knew...

- Yes. What did you think?? I fell in love with him without even knowing who he is?!

German suddenly pulled me to a darker part of the street and kissed me without any hesitation.

First I wanted to pull away, but I felt too weak for that and I kissed him back and soon we heard panicky voices from the opera.

- What the hell was that?! - I gasped.

- Angie... - German started, but I quickly got out of his grin and went back inside to see what's happening.

Soon I found myself at where me and Edmond was watching the opera till you and Albert, Fernand's son shouting at Edmond.

- You were disrespectful with my father! - he shouted.

- I just made sure that the world gets to know the truth - said Edmond calmly that it made me shiver.

- You have no right to do like this! I challenge you to fight with me! - said Albert, but at this moment his friend Franz and Morrel pulled him back.

- Are you crazy?! - said Franz - You can't just do that!

- I can do what I want! - Albert groaned then turned back to Edmond - Tomorrow morning, at the park! - he said and with that he stormed off while me and German just stood there in shock.

A few seconds later Edmond sighed then looked up at me and smiled.

- Hey... Come - he said - The show is about to continue...

I looked over at German who just smiled sadly and walked away. Then I sat down...

- What was that?! - I asked Edmond.

He just sighed deeply and said:

- Time to finish my revenge... - he said then took a hold of my hand while the show continued.