Chapter 18 - Caramel apples

Angie's POV:

We were walking in the park with German and meanwhile we were talking about everything that came to our mind which I found really enjoyable. I couldn't talk to him like this for a long time now.

----- TIME SKIP -----

After a while of walking we decided to sat down on a nearby bench and maybe he didn't remember that bench, but I did. It was our bench... Where things happened...

- Wait here... - German suddenly said then stood up.

- Huh?

He just winked at me then walked away and a few minutes later he came back with 2 caramel apples.

- German... - I sighed with... I guess with the biggest smile on my face.

- I hope you still like this - he smiled as he handed me the apple while he sat back down beside me - I wanted to have a nostalgic time with you... If you don't mind...

- Thank you... - I said and gave him a long kiss on the cheek - Of course I still like this... I kinda missed it when I was in France...

- Oh really?

- Yes, really! I'm not too fancy you know... And being near the count's friends like Morcerf... Well, let's just say I had to be fancy too - I laughed.

- I see... Well... around me you don't have to be fancy at all - he smiled - All you need to do around me is to be yourself... Because I love you for that...

- T-Thank you... - I smiled and blushed slightly.

Suddenly Fernand de Morcerf appeared out of nowhere and came up to us. Great. I wonder what does he want from me... Probably the party...

- Ah, Miss Angeles - he smiled then took a hold of my hand and kissed it - I thought you went with the count...

- No, no - I shaked my head - He wanted to go alone.

- I see. Anyway... will you come to my party? I decided to organize it a bit earlier since I need to go away soon as well.

- I don't know... I don't think I'll go alone...

- How about Mr. Castillo? - he asked, looking at German.

- Huh? Me? - German looked confused.

- Yes! How about you both come together? I wouldn't mind.

- Well uhm... - I muttered.

- We'll think about it - said German.

- Good, good! Now excuse me, but I have to go - said Fernand - But I'd really love to see both of you at the party. It will be on next Friday. So think about it...

Then he walked away.

- So what do you think? - German asked as soon as we were left alone.

- I'm not going - I said firmly.

- You seem to hate him... Why is that?

- Better if you don't know yet... - I sighed. I just couldn't tell him what I knew about Morcerf because of Edmond.

----- FLASHBACK -----

- Listen to me, sweetheart - Edmond started the evening before he went away - Whatever happens you're better staying out of Morcerf's business. I don't want you to get in danger while I'm away... Okay?

- Okay, as you wish... - I replied, I biz confused. What could have happen anyway?

Edmond walked closer to me and pulled me into his arms as he continued talking:

- I love you and I'd rather kill the traitors without any plans than loosing you because of them...

- Edmond, calm down... - I whispered as I looked up at him - Without you I wouldn't do anything anyway...

- Good... - he smiled tiredly.

- You should take some rest.... - I said as I let go of him, but he pulled me back.

- You too - he smirked - So we're better get going, aren't we?

I just giggled as we both went to sleep together, but honestly I was more worried about him than he was about me.

----- FLASHBACK END -----

- Angie! - German was snapping his fingers in front of my face after a while of daydreaming.

- W-What?

- Shall we go home now? Vilu should be home soon...

- Ah, yeah... Let's go! - I nodded as I jumped up and we headed home... Well, to the Castillo house to be exact.