Chapter 50 - A shot through the head

Angie's POV:

I went to meet Vilu on the afternoon to hang out for a while and I took her home on the evening. When we arrived to the Castillo house we found German and Priscilla shouting at each other and soon I realized that it was because of me.

Priscilla started shouting at me and at this moment I made my decision about Edmond's question...

- I'm leaving Buenos Aires again... - I said firmly, yet I was really worried about Vilu's and German's reaction.

- What?! - Vilu gasped - You can't go! You promised you won't leave!

Before I could say anything German stepped in front of me.

- Can I talk to you in my office alone? - he asked sternly, but rather sadly.

- Yes, sure - I nodded.

In the office:

- This is all because of me, isn't it?

- Kind of...

- What do you mean?

I sighed deeply as I remembered Edmond's words from earlier today and after a bit of hesitation I continued:

- Because... I don't want to watch you getting married to Priscilla and Edmond needs me... He needs me to be beside him...

- I need you as well! - he snapped - I need you, Angie... You can't leave me again...

At the last part his eyes were begging me to stay, but I just couldn't give in.

- German... You're getting married. You have already choosen her...

- Because you love Edmond... Don't you?

- I do... But I don't think he truly loves me anymore... - I sighed as I looked away. I actually felt these days that he's more focused on his revenge and he even gave in for Mercedes. He still has feelings for her and I can understand now Priscilla being jelaous.

German suddenly lifted me chin up and looked at me in the eyes.

- Angie... I beg you...

- German, please don't...

He then pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly.

- Just promise me that you'll come back after you finished your business there...

- I can't promise anything... - I said after a while of hugging and I pulled away - We'll see...

----- TIME SKIP -----

After a few more minutes I headed home where suddenly Bertuccio stopped me.

- What is it? - I asked him.

- Fernand de Morcerf is at the count's right now. You're better stay out of it now.

- Oh god... - I sighed and just as I did Fernand rushed out of the house, looked at me in shock for a second the jumped into his car and left.

I quickly went inside the house to see Edmond looking out on the window, calmly watching Fernand leaving.

- What happened? - I asked him.

- Truth is shocking - he replied - Anyway... Are you coming with me then to Marseille? - he asked as he turned to me, faking a smile.

- It's unnecessary to fake a smile - I mumbled.

- Sorry...

- It's fine... Anyway I'm coming with you.

- Why so?

- I... Don't want to talk about it... - I muttered.

Edmond looked at me, confused for a second the sighed deeply.

- It's German, isn't it?

- And Priscilla...

- I see. Well... This is your decision... And I respect it... - he said the kissed my hand - We'll be going on tomorrow afternoon, okay?

- Okay - I nodded.

German's POV:

Angie's leaving again and this is all my fault once again! I should have never try to get close to her again, but I just couldn't help myself! I wanted her badly, but I'm with Priscilla and our wedding will be in 2 weeks.

I couldn't even sleep last night and I'm here, in the kitchen, early morning and thinking about how stupid I am when Ramallo came in and gave me a newspaper.

- Look at this! - he said as he pointed on an article about Fernand again, but before I could read Angie came and when she saw the newspaper she was kinda shocked too.

- He died... - she sighed - I just saw him yesterday... - she mumbled.

- A shot through the head... - I read out loud.

- Seems like he couldn't move on the fact that his old friend he betrayed was alive the whole time after all.

- So he got to know...

- Yeah. It happened yesterday...

I turned to face Angie fully now and held her hands. I knew Priscilla is not awake yet so she won't see this.

- Don't go... Please... - I begged.

- I've already decided... - Angie said then smiled at me - I want you to get married to the one you love... I don't want you to be hesitant again...

I couldn't say anything to that and Angie walked away to see Vilu who was already getting ready for the Studio.

A/N: I just want to leave a quick note to say thank you for 151 followers, all the 5.2k reads, 837 votes and 68 comments to this book so far! I know I've been having some sad germangie moments in here, but I promise this will get better soon! Thanks again! :)