Chapter 8 - Kiss

German's POV:

I was so shocked by what Angie told me. She almost took her own life because of me... I'm so horrible! I want to make this up because I still love her so much and I always did! I was a moron ignoring her for someone who didn't even love me truly....

- Angie, let me make this up... - I begged as she had her back to me.

- Just leave me alone now! - she said and now I could hear she's crying and I wanted to get closer to her, but someone suddenly held me back. When I turned around I saw the count behind me.

- Go... - he demanded - I'll talk to her.

- Count...

- Please, go....

I didn't have any other choice because his servant was there too and he lead me back inside the house and even though I wanted to keep an eye and Angie and the count, but Priscilla came and I had to leave them alone.

I really don't like this guy for some reason, but he took care of Angie... So it should be fine...

Angie's POV:

I was still crying when I felt two arms around my waist.

- German, I told you to go away and---

I turned around and I saw Edmond behind me which surprised me.

- E-Edmond... - I stuttered - I thought you were inside...

- I was... Until I saw you and German here outside and I'm truly sorry, but I listened to your conversation...

- Y-You did...?

Dear god, I hope he didn't hear what I said about my feelings...

- Yes... And I want you to say it into my eyes too. The thing you said about your feelings...

He heard it!

- I... I love you....

He didn't reply to this. He just smiled and kissed me on the lips softly.

I wasn't expecting this and my heart was about to jump out of my chest, but I managed to hold it in place and kissed him back.

After we broke apart....

- I love you too. Angie... - he whispered - And I'm not playing around with you... I'm telling you the truth...

Happy tears were running down on my cheeks now. I couldn't say anything, I just hugged him tightly and he returned it instantly.

German's POV:

The count said he's gonna talk to her. Okay, that's one thing, but when I was near the balcony again I see him.... kissing Angie?! How is this even possible?!

- Dad, are you okay? - questioned Vilu beside me.

- Y-Yes... I-I'm fine... - I stuttered. I felt like I'm gonna burst out crying, but I had to hold it in.

Vilu then noticed Angie and the count outside and she understood everything... But of course she understood... She's a smart girl after all, just like her mother.

- Dad... - she turned back to me - You still love her... Am I right?

- N-No... I'm with Priscilla!

- Dad, I know you more than that... I can see through this lie.

I sighed.

- I might still have feelings for her... But this no longer matters...

- Dad...

- Let's go back... - I muttered then we walked back to the others and soon as we arrived Fernand de Morcerf... or whatever his name was came up to me.

- Did you see the count? He just disappeared...

- Well, I....

Just then...

- I'm here, my dear friend - we heard the count voice coming closer and when I turned around Angie was coming right beside him.

- Angie! - Vilu hugged her happily.

- Hey! - she smiled - I wasn't away that long, was I?

- No, but I wanted to talk to you more!

- Okay... - Angie smiled and looked at the count from the corner of her eyes who just nodded - What do you want to talk about exactly?

- I don't know! - Vilu almost screamed which made me giggle and Angie too.

- Easy now - Angie smiled - We'll have more time together from now on, I promise!

At this moment our eyes met and I smiled at her as she said that. I was quite happy because if she says this to Vilu then it sure is true and she really will stay. But there are some things that I still need to talk about with her.