Chapter 51 (Final)

[In the future WWX saw through the mullet, XiCheng never met SL because XXC's soul never shone, in turn SL and WN never became humans. NHS was chased by cultivators who hated the idea of giving JGY a proper grave. LGY died while fighting gonggmu. LSZ died when his blood was offered. JL died when he confronted his sect. JC committed suicide. And LWJ died in agony, making LXC go in seclusion again till his last breath. The chapters you have read, is the version where wwx already had begun to set things in motion.]

"How did you two die, mother?"

Wei Wuxian was barely 6 years old when his parents died. He did not recall how, all he knew was that he was alone all of a sudden. A 6 years old child couldn't even think for himself yet he was left to survive in the world. Wei Wuxian had always been extremely grateful towards, Jiang Fengmian. He gave him a home, not just any home, a life of a royalty. He could not forget how much care his Shijie put into raising him and how much support his Shidi gave him while growing up. If it weren't for Jiangs, he was sure, he would be begging in the street till he died. But then everything turned into chaos. He was blamed for the deaths of his foster family, he couldn't protect the Wen Family and he begun to blame himself for his birth family.

"A-Ying, our death was not your fault, if anything you saved us." Emotions of a child cannot stay hidden from a mother. She tried to sooth him with her gentle voice.

"After your father's soul replaced mine and sealed the gate. I replaced the seal with gonggong shell, Xiang Deities blessed us with. But that was just a temporary solution, little extension of time which I was running out of. Your father kneeled before Sect Leader Jiang and asked to travel with me. To search for the solution, to search for Immortal Dalou. Jiang Fengmian gave us his blessings and we were wed in the halls of Yunmeng with the canopies of Lotus flowers." Cangse Sanren recalled the happy moment of her wedding. She was against the marriage; she knew she would die sooner or later and it was not her wish to tie another person with her cursed fate.

Wei Changze was the stubborn one. He refused to leave her side and even broke his promise to A-Mian, just to protect her.

'I have already deflected because of you, now take responsibility.'

Wei Changze scolded, he was the man of action and he proved it time and time again. Their journey for few years was both successful and failure. There was no sign of Dalou but there were remedies to extend her dissipation. Wei Changze picked up dizi, wanted to learn the scores from the verses in Toshokan.

'I never knew, humans were capable of sounding this horrible.'

Cangse Sanren had teased. Even though his music was broken, it was healing to her soul. Many years with no result, they begun to lose hope. Cangse Sanren's health wasn't any better.

'I wish to give you a family.'

She had said, but her un uttered words were heard. I wish to take away your fear of being the only Wei. Wei Changze was reluctant at first, but persistent Cangse Sanren managed to persuade him.

'Think of it as my dying wish.'

They settled down temporarily in a residence in Yiling and stayed there until their bundle of Joy was born. It took a great toll on Cangse Sanren's body and soul but the moment Wei Wuxian opened his eyes in the world all of her pain disappeared. As if the boy, brought a cure with him.

The couple was happy after many anguish years. Their journey continued on, from one night hunt to another, they had save countless people. Even having an infant child with them, they were strong enough to hold on their own.

But they were running against time, With each passing day Cangse Sanren was losing control of the Heavens Gate. The Gui's begun to set free and Wei Changze spent a great effort dealing with all of the fierce spirits.