Chapter 30

If the light was scary then how should one face the  darkness?

Song Lan had been under the care of Great Immortal BaoShao Sanren for months now. Nightmares haunted his sleep and his voice betrayed his senses.  When he took off the bandage, the blood covered snow and the faces of his dead family clouded his eyes. Even though his wound healed he didn't dare to take off his bandage. He was too scared of the world.

"You had another nightmare?"

The only voices they heard out of him (SL) were the laments in night. Song Lan had become mute with Xingchen gone he had no way to cope up with agony.  His Mysophobia revamped into Haemophobia. 

"Do you know why Xingchen descent the mountain?"

It was the only thing that made his slumped shoulders rise, he nodded as he clutched his robes.

.

.

.

[Flashback: SongXiao night-hun]

"Zichen, when I die I want it to be by Fuxue."

Song Lan and Xiao Xingchen  were spending the night in the company of thousands of stars. They didn't belong to any cultivation sects so they didn't have money to rent a room in an inn. That was how they spent their nights on the bed of tall grass, candle light of fire flies  and sound of locust as their lullaby.

"Refrain from saying such things." Song Lan was displeased by the death topic.

"We're all going to die one day, I just thougth-" 

"It'd be better to die by a blade you're familiar with." Song Lan completed his sentence.

"Then would you kill me with Shuanghua?" Song Lan asked staring at those silver eyes.

Xiao Xingchen only then realized how horrible it sounded. He would never even think of hurting Song Lan let alone kill him. So how could he ask such a thing from Song Lan?

"I apologize." Xiao Xingchen realized the gravity of his sentence. His sudden request brought dismal to him. Song Lan stretched his arm and supported Xiao Xingchen's head to lean on him. Before it was always Xiao Xingchen who comforted him. 

"Who died?" Song Lan asked startling Xiao Xingchen

"Today is the death anniversary of my Shijie." Xiao Xingchen answered.

Nothing more was needed to say. Baoshao Sanren might have taken him under her wings, she taught him cultivation and loved him dearly but it was Cangse Sanren who raised him. He was still too young when she descent the mountain and died.

"A-Lan aren't you afraid of germs any more?" Xiao Xingchen teased him making himself perfectly comfortable in his embrace. 

"Or do you think I bathe in milk?" Xiao Xingchen chuckled.

Song Lan's face flushed remembering how Lin Qi and Ruo Yin asked why angels looked so pretty. He just brushed them off saying they bathe in milk. Had he knew he would be teased over it in the future, he would have phrased it better.

"Thank You." Xiao Xingchen whispered closing his eyes.

There is no need for Thank You and Sorry between us 

Song Lan closed his eyes as they melted in the night.

[Flashback ends]

.

.

.

"..."

"That was a part of it." BaoShao Sanren replied after hearing the story. It was after months that Song Lan finally spoke. Before Baoshao Sanren could tell him (SL)  the reason she had to ask grabbing the opportunity,