Chapter 28

The Fuxue and Shanghua had long been familiar with each other's shine.

In the years of  exploring  they had faced a lot of things together. The more they roamed  the mortal world the more determined they got to form a sect of their own. They helped countless people with wandering spirits and corpses.

Once on a beautiful day in the beautiful sect, their stroll was interrupted by a young boy who kicked a dumpling stall. Xiao Xingchen calmed Song Lan; who was about to scold the young boy.

But the very next moment that young boy drew his sword out and directed it at the vendor. He had the nerve to draw a sword and threat an innocent person in the broad daylight among the street filled with cultivators.  Under the pure rage Song Lan could only hear the last thing young boy had said

"...unexpected disaster...."

Song Lan and  Xiao Xingchen immediately went to help the vendor with his stall. While they were fixing his stall, Xiao Xingchen looked at the young boy standing at a distance.

The boy was fairly young, with distinct red eyes. He was standing next to a cultivator with vermilion mark and a hat. There was only one  person who fit that description - Jin GuangYao. 

Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan had acquainted with Jin GuangYao few months ago. Song Lan wanted to know the reason why did Jin GuangShan let Master Guang go? It was that faint hope to know the real Master Guang. Trying to escape his past he became a strong holder of justice.

The young boy and Jin GuangYao  appeared to be in a banter conversation. Nobody could tell that he had just scared a man out of his wits.

Few days later, the same young boy appeared with Jin GuangYao. They talked as they strolled. Completely immersed in their own world.  If it hadn't  been for the martial status of Jin GuangYao, they would have easily been mistaken for a couple. 

The boy stopped and kicked the same vendor stall again.

Fate had it so that Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan were near by. This time even Xiao Xingchen didn't stop Song Lan.  He threw his horsetail whisk at the insolent boy, injuring his palm. Song Lan perfectly dodged the sword that had been directed at his heart in return. Although his arm was brushed by boy's hand. Being touched by someone strange made his (SL) face grim.

As soon as Xiao Xingchen saw that expression, he intervened the fight. 

Jin GuangYao soon followed," Daozhang, for my sake don't mind him."

Song Lan shook his head but immediately obliged when Xiao Xingchen patted his shoulder, "Let's go Zichen." 

The two departed leaving the young boy extremely displeased. Jin GuangYao read his expression made it clear that  Song Zichen was not looking down on him rather he was Mysophobic and didn't like contact.

"Then why did he let the other guy touch him?" The young man clearly wasn't taking that explanation for an answer. 

"The two of them Share a rather peculiar bond." Jin GuangYao said with a smile plastered on his face. It certainly did remind him of someone else.

"A bond huh?" The young  boy mused.

That was their first encounter with Xue Yang.

There was once a time when  cultivators were greatly inspired by the Yiling Patriarch. But later all the praise turned into taunt. In reality they were all scared of the wretched Cultivation. Jin GuangYao had spent exceptional amount of money and resources to gather the disciples to perform Demonic cultivation. Xue Yang was among the cultivators who showed brilliant results. He was like a fearless spirit who was not even afraid of death. He was bound to caught the eye of Jin GuangYao. Jin GuangYao named him Cheng Mei.

True Beauty.

Their second encounter was when Cheng Mei massacred majority of  Yueyang Chang sect. Cheng Mei had practiced  the Stygian Tiger Seal on them after experimenting it on Tingshan He Sect. 

The both sects were a victim to his kooky tactics. He had killed children right in front of their mothers, blinded the elders by stabbing into their eyes, peeled off  the skin of youngsters. He killed them one by one  right in front of the sect leader He Su; who's tongue he had already cut. He couldn't even cry for his family. 

 Cheng Mi experimented on the Chang Cian with his modified Stygian Tiger seal. Chang Cian was the cause why Cheng Mi had a broken finger. Cheng Mi took his sweet time to break his digits one by one, starting from the nails. He plucked his nails like a flower petals. He poked holes into his fingers like shashlik sticks through dango. He then pulled out his veins like seeds out of fruit and he crushed his bones like grinding stones. Cheng Mi didn't even spare the remaining people of the Yueyang Chang Sect tormenting them with newest way of amusement.

Chang Ping had been among the few survivors, he begged Daozhang to help him get justice for his sect.

 Song Lan and  Xiao Xingchen  traveled far and wide in search for Cheng Mi. Only after passing through three provinces did they find Cheng Mei. 

When it came to strength, both Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan had the upper hand but when it came to power, Cheng Mei had clear advantage. He had the Stygian Tiger Seal. 

They were familiar with his sword  by then, Jiangzai. The copper hilt and mystic blade was alarming. Shuanghua and Fuxue had the perfect harmony that even Jiangzai couldn't reciprocate. 

Song Lan and Xiao Xingchen caught the arrogant youngster and presented them to Lanling Sect for justice. Just before Cheng Mei was being taken in for punishment his red eyes glared at the two, 

"We will meet again, Daozhang."

And they did meet again in the most gruesome way possible.

                                                                             . . .

The morning breeze produced a rippling sound teasing the leaves. 

Song Lan was practicing with Fuxue when Xiao Xingchen appeared in front of him. They were staying at an inn in the Moling Su Sect. Moling Su Sect was formed recently but was thriving tremendously. The talkers said it was the  generosity of Sect Leader Jin. As Jin GuangYao and Sect Leader Su She  were on great terms. 

"What's the matter?" Song Lan asked peeking over Xiao Xingchen.

"Cheng Mei ran away." Xiao Xingchen answered.

"I'm afraid, he might target the Chang Sect again." 

Just as Xiao Xingchen was about to explain further, the Emerald Tassel burnt.

Song Lan was advised to burn the Emerald stone in case of a disaster, but it was applied the other way around as well. Master Guang was in danger?

Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan looked at each other and they both parted ways. Song Lan immediately went to Baixue Temple while Xiao Xingchen promised to follow him right after he secured Yueyang Chang Sect.

The Baixue Temple was no more!

--------------------------------------------------------

[For better understanding of this chapter, I advise you to read chapter 118 of the novel]

Sorry for the errors and thank you for reading.