Chapter 37

When he gazed at her standing by the lake, like the dandelion dispersed in the air, something inside him ached. She looked so stunningly beautiful when the wind played with her hair. The big sun behind her revealing all hues, like a reflection of her colors. She was the scenery herself.  She could brighten up everyone who encountered her, yet was he the only one who felt the sadness in those eyes? 

"Are you okay?" He didn't realize that he had voiced his thoughts. The beautiful girl looked back and gave him a teasing smile but it was more radiant than the sun. 

"Are you sure you're healed enough to be up?" She reflexively grabbed his arm to support him. 

"I am grateful to young mistress for her help back at the Zhenniao cave." He freed himself from her grasp and bowed in gratitude. 

She chuckled at his action and give  him his space. 

"I heard from A- Mian how you defeated the beast." Wei Changze was overly caution of things around him, especially if it involved his sect and master. How could a unknown woman just appear out of nowhere and kill a strong beast? 

Unlike others who were charmed by her appearance, he was vigilant, keeping a close eye on her for anything suspicious.

"You give me too much credit, I was only able to because your blade was on the right place at the right time." He was cautious and she wasn't inattentive either. 

"What is the name of your blade?" A blade was like the heart of the cultivator channeling their core. Sometimes the cultivators only get famous just because their blade  was significant. The blade was more of an identity than a weapon. 

"Love you." She said.

"...?" 

"The name is, love you." Cangse Sanran grinned when  she saw the expression on Wei Changze. It was amalgam of confusion, embarrassment, shock and disbelief. 

She took out her blade to show him the carving on  the blade. There  was 爱你

(Ai Ni ) chiseled on it. The expression on Wei Changze's face was pure gold and made Cangse Sanran laugh out loud.

"Who would name their blade like this? Its disrespectful." Wei Changze strained all the muscles on his face. 

"But it works every single time." Cangse Sanran said laughing . After having a closer look at the blade, Wei Changze realized that it was not forged in any of the cultivation sects, which only made him more suspicious of her. 

"Why do you come here? Why haven't you leave yet? What do you want?" His tone changed  abruptly almost making Cangse Sanran double check if its coming from the same person. She tried to read his expressions before replying. 

"I was-"

"No!" Before she could cook up one of her jokes to distract, he cut her off.

That man was not having her way huh!

Cangse Sanran laughed again trying to think of another way. It was not like she had a treasure she was hiding, it would just make her sad thinking about her family. Especially her Shidi, XingChen. 

"If you have any ulterior motives, I must warn you. A- Mian is too nice but not me. I will keep a close watch at you." Wei Changze threatened her leaving her dumbfounded. 

He was man like no other. 

 . . . 

Being the Chief cultivator, Sect Leader Wen openly invited all the cultivators to partake in the happy occasion of his Sect. Wen Ruohan had announced his wedding and all sect leaders decided to congratulate  him personally.