Chapter 24

Xiao Xingchen entered the Temple and made his way to Song Lan. Song Lan obviously didn't want to talk to the boy. And made it very visible. Xiao Xingchen knew he did wrong and he had to fix it.

"Umm A-Lan."

Song Lan glared at him and Xiao XingChen startled a little at that. He felt that he did something wrong again.

"Don't call me that!" Song Lan was angry.

"What am I suppose to call you then? Angel?" Xiao Xingchen protested.

The angers turned into the urge to laugh. But Song Lan didn't allow himself.

"I came here to apologize" There was sincerity in his (XXC) voice. 

"For what?" Song Lan asked.

"For making you think that I'm a dirty spirit." Xiao Xingchen confessed.

A what?

 Song Lan laughed so hard that it made Xiao Xingchen blush visibly. 

Song Lan realized only then that Xiao Xingchen was not making fun of him, He genuinely didn't know much outside the Celestial mountain. Mortal world was not a place for someone modest like Xiao Xingchen. The outside world was too cold even before the snow.

"If you promise to do what I tell you to then  I'll forgive you." 

"I promise." Xiao Xingchen followed immediately. 

Song Lan mused at that.

"Now go back from where you came from." Obviously Song Lan was not going to let a cultivator stay in the Temple. Hadn't it been for Master Guang, Song Lan would have chased him away.

"But I need  you!"

Song Lan was suppose to tease him but he ended up getting teased. He confirmed,

"What do you need me for?" Song Lan was not falling for the same trick again.

"I need you to be  with me." 

Song Lan didn't know if the confession was serious or not but the effect it had on him was quite serious. In order to mask his flushed face, Song Lan changed the topic.

"Why did you descent the mountain?" Song Lan's beating heart dropped drastically when he saw how his question made Xiao Xingchen sad.

Xiao Xingchen's  shoulder dropped and he gazed his sword Shuanghua. 

Shanghua was a blade with strong spiritual power. Not only it was strong it was beautiful as well just like its holder.  Sword was beautified with the frost pattern. The intricate motives of  snow and  color of cold.  Song Lan was hit by a thunder of the past.

The snow is  gentle when it falls

The snow is gentle

The snow

A cold sweat formed on his (SL) face. That was his memory. There was something he had forgotten but what? Song Lan almost had a panic attack. 

Xiao Xingchen saw how all the colors on Song Lan's face disappeared. Without thinking he rubbed his back. Song Lan felt his (XXC) long slender fingers traced over his body, he couldn't push them away. His hand looked snowy white but it only showered warmth. 

When Xiao Xingchen realized that he had touched the boy again, he quickly retraced his hand but his hand was caught in mid air by the other boy. He looked up straight into those silver eyes,

"Don't." Song Lan whispered. 

 Maybe it was the camphor in the air or rustle of his dark hair.  Song Lan longed for some comfort.