Chapter 29

The nest was covered in snow so the bird had to fly, even when the snow thawed the cold didn't die. It was exactly like that day, years ago when land was bleeding but this time, even the sky was oozing red.

Song Lan immediately went inside the Temple hoping he would escape this nightmare. But little did he know that hell was waiting for him. The webs of arrays made in blood covered most of the walls. In front of each array were people, bathed in red - completely dead.

He froze like his life had been cut short. His body didn't move. His eyes were wide and breathe so tight.

They could be any random people, it didn't have to be his family, right?They were all tormented by the spirits? What else could the array be for?

Song Lan pushed his cold limbs to move, taking one step at a time. He wobbled as his feet bumped into something. The moment he looked down, shiver ran down his spine.

There was a body of a young man guarding the door, as if protecting the others. His skin was wrung like the blood was squeezed out of it. His eyes that were poked out, had been placed between his teeth. His legs had been pounded to the ground.

I will watch over the rest so you don't have to give that worried expression, Da-ge!

The trail of bodies in front of him, covered most of his view. Each killed in more gruesome way than the other. The arrays were used to drain out their souls. And each soul was fed to the undead like a feast. There was no escaping, wherever he looked he saw death. His memory from that day, filled the places with more dead bodies. Was it a reality or was it a memory?

In order to wake up his mind he (SL) pierced his arm with Fuxue but his blood only added more color to the ground. The droplets of his blood fell on the body beneath.

There was a young boy, he was curled up like a ball. His spine had been pulled out and back of his skin was minced dreadfully. There was another body underneath as if the boy was shielding the other body.

Gege I will be strong like you and protect A-Qi!

Upon a closer look, the other body was of a girl and the only girl among 9 dead bodies.

They really were his family!

Gege!

Song Lan could hear Lin Qi's voice when he held her little frame in his arms.

"A-Qi wake up!!!" Song Lan shouted to a soul-less shell.

"Look! Gege is back!

A-Qi! I brought you new books, with more stories of angels! Wake Up! I will read them to you!"

He talked aimlessly, desperately, hopelessly trying to get an answer

"HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!"

A mocking laughter could be heard from a distance.

"Here, Catch!"

A blob of meat was thrown at Song Lan. It was an organ that lost it's thumping function. Lin Qi's heart was shoved off right from her chest. She was the only one who's body still retained its original form, rest were terribly distorted.

"Xue Yang!" Song Lan immediately recognized his evil voice.

"What happened to your phobia? I made sure they are perfectly dirty." Cheng Mei was standing on the boulder swinging a familiar tassel. Emerald Stone! Master Guang had twin stones, he gave one to Song Lan and kept the other to himself.

"That girl, I made sure she's dirty, even from inside." Cheng Mei gave another mocking laugh.

Song Lan laid down A-Qi ever so gently.