Chapter 45

" Wen qianbei what is wrong?"

The Juniors were following Ghost General to Yingchuan Wang sect, when suddenly he stopped, sensing something.

"We are surrounded." Ghost General said.

"What do you mean?" Ouyang Zizhen asked.

"Stay quiet and on guard."

The juniors unsheathed their blades and formed a kill circle joining each other's back. There were mild rustles of leaves and sound of footsteps slowly growing closer. They all held their breaths and prepared themselves for anything to come.

"There are more than 20 people." Ghost General provided.

A talisman flew in their direction and Ghost General sliced it in two and the moment he did it, clouds of smoke surrounded them, blinded them of their directions.

"Is everyone alright?" Wen Ning asked and there was no response. He would be coughing hard in the smoke, had he not been dead. He looked around but there were thick clouds of smoke everywhere. He couldn't sense a thing. He blindingly moved around, trying to find the juniors. There was a sudden beam of light which hit Wen Ning straight to where his heart would be. Wen Ning stumbled a little and steadied himself. He patted the area where the light had hit but there was no wound no nothing. In fact, Wen Ning felt....happy?

"Wen Qianbei!" Ouyang Zizhen asked but the only reply he got was the silence of the smoke. He called again and this time he was replied with a voice.

'Ouyang Zizhen of Baling Ouyang Sect.'

Ouyang Zizhen didn't recognize this voice and become steady at once, he tried to figure out where the voice was coming from.

'The first born and soon to be the Sect Leader.'

"Who are you?"

'But always rebels against his father, what an ungrateful child.'

Ouyang Zizhen didn't falter, he held his blade high, ready to pounce the moment he saw any changes.

'Studying Jiaohuan to retrieve the soul of young Miaden A-Qing.'

"How do you know that?" Ouyang Zizhen thought it was his inner voice at first, but he wouldn't want his inner voice to be this unpleasant.

'Madly in love but only to be heart broken.'

"What do you mean?"

'Poor child, doesn't even know that Maiden A Qing has embraced the Earth.'

The fear creeped on Ouyang Zizhen, thinking the possibility of it happening. He had been studying so much just to bring back maiden A Qing. But if she returned to the Earth, there would be no way to bring her back.

"You're lying!"

'I guarantee you I'm not. You could ask Daozhang Zichen, he himself bid farewell.'

"Shut up! Shut up! Stop lying!"

Ouyang Zizhen begun to cut through the smoke only to be sunk deeper into it.

'What a great future leader! Can't even protect the maiden he loves.'

Shut up!

The terror had completely over powered him. The loss of love was so heavy that his blade fell on the ground and so did he.

"If this is a joke then it's a bad one, come out Zizhen!" Lan Jingyi called but to no avail there was not even a single soul beside him. He mounted his blade to raise to the sky but the heavy smoke pulled him back.