Chapter 3

This is how revenge tastes, bitter.

Even though he (NHS) put an end to the reign of his brother's killer, his brother didn't return. And he lost another brother (JGY) because of it and the only brother (LXC) he had left was left with fleeting emotions.
He would give anything to get back his brother, even if he could get his scolding it would be enough. He did get scolded like that once later by the owner of the body, who's only shell remained in front of his eyes.

Mo Xuyanu!

He met the man purely by accident, little did he know that he (MXY) would be the greatest asset of his revenge.

                                                                               . . .

[Flashback: First encounter]

"This... You want it? "
Nie Huaisang offered the fan he was holding to the a man few years younger than himself. The fan was rich with colors and motifs and certainly one of his proudest collections. But when he saw a younger male covered in bruises and cuts, crying in wilderness surrounded by loneliness, he moved on his own to his (MXY) aid replicating a scene of his own story with his brother when he was alive.

Nie Mingjue didn't Know how to comfort his crying little brother, if he could he would solve everything with raw power and brute force. He gave him the fan which was the closest thing he could grab to stop this child from crying after scraping his little knees. but it did the trick, his little brother was fascinated by the birds and rivers painted on the leaf.

"It's really pretty! Look at the shades -"
"Pfft hahahahahahaha" the man who was crying just a second ago gave bellow of laughter.
"..."
"Thanks! It really is beautiful." he received the new gift which was offered. He Looked carefully at the designs and traced his fingers over it. Nie Huaisang felt proud as if he (NHS)  was the one who painted it.

                                                                               . . .

[Flashback: Friends]

"This is not how you paint it!" Nie Huaisang almost yelled at the younger male who had been constantly making errors with his paintings.

"You're just bad at teaching." Mo Xuyanu defended himself , he added,

"How do I know the difference between burnt umber and raw umber? They're both Brown! "

This had Nie Huaisang slapping his face, similar to how Jiang Cheng would.
It reminded him of his two friends one of which has left the mortal realm. He has lost too much, his family, his brother and his friends too. He gave a sad smile to which Mo Xuyanu replied.

"Come here I have to show you something."
He lead the older male by wrist and guided him to the donkey shed. The place was really run down. It made Nie Huaisang eye Mo Xuyanu with pity. He took out a small chest, it was the only thing not covered in dust.
He placed it in front of Nie Huaisang; who took a minute before opening the chest.

Bright!

It was filled with lots and lots of vials, the fragrance of all the minerals and wilderness gathered in the tiny bottles.
"This!" Nie Huaisang had never seen such collection of paints before.

"I was going to wait until your birth ceremony but now is the best time they say." 
Mo Xuyanu planted a smile. It was brighter than the colors he had been offered. He then realized that he had not only lost, he had gained as well. Memories in the shape of this man who was covered with bruises but was still smiling. That was the start of their beautiful friendship.