Chapter 22

The color of his blood matched his eyes. His lips quivered in agony. His trembling fingers clutched his abdomen so fiercely fearing that it  would tear  apart. The Zidian made a sound like a tick bomb. Anything could happen!

Jiang cheng couldn't inhale when the blood clogged his trachea nor he could exhale when pressure on his Golden Core increased tremendously. Seeing Jiang Wanyin in such a state broke open a memory which Lan Xichen rather not experience again.

it was the first time Lan Xichen broke a rule. 

.

.

.

[Flashback : Death of Madam Lan]

Do not disobey elders!

Wangji was still too young, but Xichen himself was not of tender age. 

When Shufu told them to not meet their mother anymore, it stuck like a string in his (LXC) heart. After he put Wangji to sleep, he sneaked into the porch of the cottage where his mother was confined. Lan Xichen wanted to make sure that his mother was fine. When he heard voices from the cottage he hid among the Gentians; which her mother planted.

Those were her favorites,  specially the blue ones. 

'It's the color of your father's eyes' she once said.

Madam Lan was lying on her death bed. She didn't have her usual smile that brightened their days. Qinghen-jun was sitting beside her holding her hand. Her hands, her face, her entire body looked so dull as if colors were sucked out of her. 

It was the first time that Lan Xichen had seen his mother and father together. He didn't know if he should be happy or sad.

Her last words were a whisper to Qinghen-jun. 

And the  aromatic Gentian  withered away.

[Flashback ends]

.

.

.

Lan Xichen was afraid! suddenly he could see his mother passing away right in front of his eyes again. Alarmed and in dismay, he was so afraid that he grabbed the trembling Lotus and breathed into him. It  was the only thing he could think of. 

(I swear it was more intense in my head)

The youngster finally woke up after all the ruckus and yells. He interpreted the first thing he saw as, 'Two sect leaders making out'.

He went back to sleep -- pretended to never had seen this. But his mind rejected peace, last night they were sleeping together and now...

Lan Xichen kept breathing into him again and again, till his lips bulged. It did the trick though, Jiang Cheng's breathing stabilized. But the pain didn't go away. Lan Xichen started transferring his spiritual energy to Jiang Cheng, It was his fatal hope to ease the pain.