Chapter 48

[Continuation ch 45 : Song Lan]

"There it is!"

The child exclaimed upon spotting the familiar looking hut. It was their home.

The elderly woman was anxiously moving back and forth in front of what seems to me an old shed. Upon seeing a familiar face Er Wa - the younger - begun to jump in excitement thus Song Lan released him, allowing him to run to that person.

Sang Pang did the same and the two kids hugged the elderly woman. Upon a closer look, there were many scars on her face and Song Lan could tell that the elderly woman had seen her fair share of deaths.

The little children said something to the elderly woman and she made her way to Song Lan who was standing at the safe distance, looking at the little kids.

"Young Master, Sisi is grateful to you for rescuing the children." The elderly woman named Sisi bowed and Song Lan did the same. The little children were circling around Song Lan and tugging his robes in appreciation. In a short while, they grew fond of their Gege.

"Young Master, If I may trouble you. I am a former prostitute..."Sis begun to elaborate. She wasn't ashamed of her past, she was doing whatever she could do meet ends meet. However, she realized too late that prostitutes are often looked upon as disgusting beings.

They would play with them behind closed door but when curtains are open, they are shamed.

She also learnt about Meng Yao's upbringing in Qinghe Nie and Lanling Jin Sect. Despite the horrendous crimes, he was still the child of her dearest confident Meng Shi. So, she swore to herself no other kids would suffer the same kind of insults and mockery the little Meng Yao had to endure. When she found no trace of disgust on Song Lan's face, she knew the young man was righteous. So, she decided to have faith in

"I am currently raising kids who were abandoned because they were born out of prostitutes. I do not have wage to offer but I request young master for his help."

Song Lan silently listened to the elderly woman. He was never the one who had asked for any reward for his services. He just wanted to build a place where blood won't be the hierarchy and little kids like these could have a future of their own.

The Gems are often hidden among the rocks.

"My acquaintance Bicao was hired to look after a child in prison but looking at these corpses I realized she had gone too far with her greed. Young Master, please I request you to end this campaign. Innocent children are suffering because of it."

Even Song Lan noticed the Wen corpses surrounding the area. But What he didn't understand was why these corpses were not attacking. These looked like they were protecting these people instead. Of course, that's something normal humans wouldn't be able to see. It is true Corpses are not inclined unless they are being controlled but who could control such a huge mass of corpses?

Song Lan inspected the corpses, looked around and searched for nails in their head but there were none. That means none of the people are controlling them. Which proved only one thing...

"Where are you going young master?" Sisi asked when she heard no reply form the young master instead saw him turning around to move away.

Song Lan was stopped by the tug of his robes and looked down to see the two kids from before.

"Gege." Er wa and Sang Pang called.

Song Lan bent down to come on the same level as the little ones and patted their heads. He could see Lin Qi and Ying Shu in them. With a smile he said,