chapter 12

"Jingyi, they specifically told us that they don't need our help. Rule number 375, do not interfere in private matters."
Lan Shizui scolded the younger Lan. Oh, they had been fighting for a while now.

"And rule number 798 states that you must always help the ones in need ,even if they don't ask for it." Lan Jingyi protested.

"Jingyi, the situation is different."

"Shizui, the situation calls for it."

It continued for quite some time, before Jin ling and Ouyang Zizhen separated the two. They really had been fighting for real huh? Wen Ning looked worried if they could call his dead cells that. 

He approached the Younger Lan,

"Young Master Jingyi, if you wish to help them, I will stay with you."

"No need!"

It surprised them all. Lan jingyi was loud but never angry.
What was wrong with him?

"Let's report back and discuss with Wei qianbei. I'm sure if any one he would help." Zizhen suggested.

Jin Ling was getting tired of all the drama and fuss, if he got home little late from his curfew then Jiang Cheng would certainly break his leg. Just like Lans had rules to follow, Jin ling had his own rules to follow, implied by Sandu Shengshou himself.
He'd be dead if he defiled any of them.

"If you're gonna fight, use swords not words, it takes less time."
Brilliant idea, his uncle would certainly kill him for even suggesting this. But he had to go back and soon.

"Let's go back." Lan Shizui sighed.

"I'm staying."

"Jingyi!" 

Lan Shizui glared at him one last time before he made his way back to Cloud Recesses.

Why was he crying?

Lan Jingyi's teary face flashed into his mind.

. . .

Lan Shizui reported the whole incident to Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian. They were both surprised.

"A Yuan, go! Bring back your brother. Lan Zhan will take care of Lan Qiren and the elders."

Wei Wuxian said when he closed the boy in his arms as he hugged him. Placing a kiss on his (LS) forehead. Lan Shizui needed somebody else to decide for him, there was too much happening in his mind. The madam and her family, Jingyi and Lan Xichen who was at that time, still in seclusion.

The moment Wei Wuxian voiced his thoughts, Lan Shizui dashed to his brother. Lan Jingyi was annoying, yes. But he wouldn't change him for the world.

By the time, Lan Shizui arrived at the foot of the mountain, it was already Dawn. He looked for Lan Jingyi, but found Wen Ning.

Ghost general was worried and decided to hide and keep an eye on A Yuan's friend.

"Uncle?"

"A-Yuan? Didn't you go back?"

"I could say the same for you."

They both looked at each other with blank face and suddenly burst into laughter. if that howl out of Wen Ning could be called a laughter. Wen Ning who had been patrolling the area since night, explained all the smallest details he had noticed.

The night sky was filled with ashes of the fire that  burnt out moments ago and fireflies made the  remaining scene razzle dazzle. It was a glittery night. The cave added to it's shine as it was filled with precious stones and gems.

No body could tell it was a disastrous night.

"Young Master Jingyi is with them, inside." Wen Ning clarified.

"A-Yuan, they are not harmful. Master Jingyi did what he felt was right. You don't know what happened right? If you ask, young master Jingyi will elaborate everything." 

Lan Shizui followed the suggestion and went inside the cave.

The gem stones reflection made his already bright face even brighter. He spotted the younger Lan sitting amidst the elderly and children having no care of the world.

"Jingyi."

A sudden call startled Lan Jingyi. After confirming that it wasn't a death angel to take  his life, with 'its your turn'  he was relieved. When he looked at the black figure behind him, his relieved face turned into a scoff.

"I'm not going back." Lan Jingyi said before Lan Shizui could persuade him.

"I'm not here to bring you back." Lan Shizui glared straight into Lan Jingyi, scaring the hell out of him.

"Madam, What's in the satchel?"
Pointing at the little bag, Lan Shizui received before.

" Yanling Daoran "

"Pardon?"

"Remains of Yanling Daoran."

Yanling Daoran was the first Disciple of Baoshan Sanren; who descended the mountain. He met a terrible end like his fellow Disciples who broke the vow to Baoshan Sanren. How did these people have his remains?

Then reality hit Lan Shizui like the blinding streak of  gems.
They are The Zao Clan.

Years ago when Yanling Daoran turned evil, he was eliminated under Thousand Swords. A technique special to Zao Clan. But before dying Yanling Daoran cursed his terminators and every year on the day of his death, the spirits rise and try to kill their family. It was revenge by Yanling Daoran. At least that was how they read in books, the reality of matter, they didn't know. 

Years later, Zao Zhulian was offered the remains of Yanling Daoran by Wen Ruohan in exchange of his services. Back then they held the title of Cheif Cultivator and they had access to pretty much everything. Those remains kept the spirits away from Zao clan. In order to save his clan, he pledged his loyalty to the Wens.

And the Thousand Swords technique was a curse itself, it required golden cores. Not just the spiritual power but then entire golden core.

A cultivator without core doesn't survive for long.

Zao clan was too tired of the curse, they gave the satchel to Wen Yuan. They received it from a Wen and returned it to a Wen. Lan jingyi was aware that curse was incurable (as of now) so, why was he being stubborn then? 

How could he possibly help them?

As if reading Lan Shizui's Expression, Lan Jingyi decided to answer.
But dense sample Lan Jingyi didn't realize how very wrong it came out.

"Do not worry, Zizhen will cultivate with me."

--------------------------------------

Sorry for Errors and thank you for reading.