Pulling my weight so that I was now straddling him, not giving him any time to react; he looked up at me with wide eyes.

I held his wrists above his head, struggling to stay in my position, his long arms causing me to lean close to his body.

"That shut you up nicely," I smirked, pulling myself back so that I was at eye level with him, his lustful eyes not leaving mine.

He begins to lick his bottom lip mischievously, leaving him to bite his lip tenderly. A smile hidden behind his expression.

He snaked one of his hands away from my weak grip and cupped my left cheek. I watched him as he began to rub circles across my cheekbone using his thumb.

I stared into his hazel eyes, his pupils dilated as he continued to observe me, his thumb tracing down my bottom lip. His grin faded away as he started to inspect me.

"God you're beautiful," he whispered huskily. His other hand moved to wrap itself on to my waist, sliding down to the hem of my skirt.

I couldn't say anything.. there wasn't anything to say. I knew his feelings for me, but I brushed it aside. I only really saw Kai as a comrade, our hatred for vampires being the only thing common between us. And he was family.

That day - 4 years ago - when Father bought Kai and Jas into the academy, after their whole family were slaughtered, I could see the anger brewing up in Kai's eyes. They were polluted with revenge; dull and dark with no trace of kindness. Thus, he reminded me of myself. He closed himself off to everything and everyone. Only being consumed by his thoughts until he finally found a way to distract himself from his deteriorating self. Sex. He replaced anger with lust, revenge with pleasure; and love with salacity.

I never had the time to indulge in such thoughts or activities. My distraction was to train. I didn't push the memories away like Kai did, instead I used them to motivate me. To feel more resentment and abhorrence. It fueled me, gave me the strength necessary. It was the only emotion that I feel- the only one I needed to feel.

I could feel he wanted me. Lusted me. Needed me. There was something on his mind, bothering his conscience and he needed a distraction.

So did I.

The crimson, red eyes branded in the back of my mind, reaching to haunt my memories once more.

I traced my cold finger over his plump warm lips, causing him to suck in air. He looked at me with passionate eyes, sparkling in adoration.

He took his left hand away from my face and began to fiddle with the buttons on my blouse, exposing my bare neck.

His hand continued to move down. His index finger trailing down my warm skin until he reached my breast. Suddenly he jounced his finger away.

"Ow!" He whined, pulling his hand away. He looked at his hand, shaking it before putting his index finger in his mouth, licking the pain. I sat upright, still straddling him.

He leaned himself on to his elbows, with his finger still in his mouth. His faces morphed into confusion as his eyebrows scrunched and he looked at me suspiciously.

"What?", I responded dumbfoundedly.

"You electrocuted me!" He accused, still sucking on his finger.

I rolled my eyes until my gaze landed on the necklace Father gave me hanging around my neck.

Kai notices the red, sparkling pendant. He takes his finger away from his mouth and reaches for the gem.

I observed, looking down at the interaction between his finger and necklace. He slowly moved towards it until there was a bright shock appearing between them.