CHAPTER 1

BRrring!!! My phone rings and on hearing this I quickly hopped out of the bathroom to pick it up, clutching the towel to my breasts.

I looked at the screen to find an unregistered number. "Who can this be?" I thought.

"Hello, who's speaking, please?" I asked, since it's not a number I have stored on my phone.

"From ALL's Group Of Companies... quickly I knew what the call was about..." You came in search of a job

"Yes. I did. " I gripped the phone tightly over excited I might get a job.

"We sent you a mail, but since the message wasn't replied, I decided to get a hold of you on the phone.”

Quickly I moved to my laptop placed on a table in the corner of my room. I opened it open. I clicked on the email icon to find You Been Accepted staring at me.

Congratulations, you got the job and you can start Monday" The tiny voice finally said it.

I gasped before saying, “Thank you very much."

"Congratulations," the voice said again and hung up. I didn't care about her. I was too happy to give a shit.

I flung my phone on the bed to do a victory dance and a power pose.

  I had applied to work at ALLs' for a while now, as well as other companies. Went through a series of interviews.

I bagged a Masters's Degree in Accounting at the University of Ibadan, which is a big deal by the way, so didn't think it would be this difficult to get a job. Of Course, I didn't put my faith in the result because all companies wanted the experience.

How do I gain experience if you don't give me a chance to prove myself? Well, that story is over now that I have got it.

In readiness for Monday, I went through my closet to find the perfect cloth to wear. I had always aspired to get a white-collar job. I don't know why, but it has always been a dream of mine. A 9-5 job seemed proper, just like me.

I hope it's easy for my new job. I want to make new friends and maybe get a boyfriend. So, I flung onto my bed in anticipation.

A dream that is going to be a reality in two days. I wanted to share the news with my family but I would wait it till when I was working already. I don't want them to see me as a disappointment if anything happens.

I am not being pessimistic, only realistic.

                                 ****

  Finally! I stood at the entrance of the company itself, taking in its majestic view. After a while of breathing deeply, I finally found the courage to walk in.

  The door is the spiral kind. I had to go round and round before I could get in. I regained composure while trying not to pay attention to the people gawking at me.

  I said the outside of the building was majestic but the inside was.... let me think of a befitting word... breathtaking!!! The Inside was very spacious, lights were everywhere and from the entrance, you'd have to walk awhile before reaching the receptionist.

  I met a light-skinned woman at the counter and I could tell she was attending to me as well as every other nonemployee coming into the building.

She was on the phone, so I had to wait for her to finish. With time on my hands, I continued to bask in the grandeur of the structure. There was glass everywhere and...

"Are you Oyinkansola Herbert?" She asked, looking solemnly at me.

Her voice quite took aback me, but I quickly replied, smiling, "Yes, I am. "