His Inspiration

Depuis le début

"Merlin!" he clenched his fist to stop himself from thinking naughty thoughts. His best friend was unconscious on a hospital bed for Merlin's sake. He should not let his hormonal bloke reactions get the better of him.

"I'm a disgusting randy bloke," he muttered as his eyes continued to feast on the image in front of him. When the Hermione in the mirror flipped her hair and winked at him, he blushed and focused on the black dog instead.

Now focusing on the dog, he was gobsmacked before he started chuckling. The dog was Sirius' in his animagus form alright. What made the dog odder was the fact that it wore what looked like a t-shirt and then it had a Gryffindor scarf around its neck.

Thinking that his heart's true desire was so bizarre, he walked toward a corner of the room that was facing away from the mirror before a couch appeared. He took a seat and tried his best to analyze his supposed heart's desire.

A sexy Hermione and Padfoot.

"Merlin! I'm losing my mind," he murmured. This is so confusing and frustrating and crazy!

He closed his eyes and tried to think. The image in the mirror must mean something. He came into the room seeking a place to think, a place to center his thoughts, and a place to find his inspiration against Voldemort.

"Hermione and Padfoot," he muttered as he tried to think about them – their happy smiles and the fact that they got hurt and it was his fault. Even with his eyes closed, he could feel his tears rolling down his cheeks.

Suddenly, he remembered a conversation with Sirius before the start of his fifth year...

______________

"Hi, pup! You ready to go back to Hogwarts?" Sirius asked after closing the door to Harry's room at 12 Grimmauld Place.

Despite his sullen mood, Harry just could not ignore his godfather so he closed the book he was haphazardly perusing and placed it on the nightstand.

"Hi, Sirius," he sat on the bed.

Sirius was quiet for a while and just remained standing there looking at him. Harry hated the idea of going back to Hogwarts but he had no choice. After suffering alone at the Dursleys, the dementor attack, and appearing at the Ministry of Magic to plead his innocence from violating laws, this summer was just the worst ever. And all those horrid things didn't include Voldemort and the guilt he felt for Cedric's death.

"Are you alright, Harry?"

"Can't I just stay here with you? I don't want to go back to Hogwarts – "

"I'm sorry, pup, but it's not – "

"Yeah, I know," he shrugged.

"Think about the bright side. At least you'll be with Ron and Hermione and... Pup? Do you fancy someone?" Sirius smirked.

"Wha – no!" Harry vehemently denied. He could feel his cheeks and his ears turning red. His eyes darted all around the room as he avoided his godfather's knowing look.

"Is it Hermione?"

"She's my best friend!"

"I told James once... the smartest women make the best girlfriends," Sirius winked.

"But I – but she – I mean – "

"No need to get your knickers in a twist. Goodnight, pup!" Sirius chuckled before exiting the room.