Thirty Three

𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒 ~ 𝓁𝑒𝓉'𝓈 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓎 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝑒

"Taehyung?" The word seems dry against his throat, the dehydration he had been facing finally resulting in a long awaited rainfall

"Taehyung?" The word seems dry against his throat, the dehydration he had been facing finally resulting in a long awaited rainfall. He could feel his heart fly and raise his body, but he stopped himself in that moment, trying to stay loyal to his true choice and his true home.

"Uh Jungkook," Mingyu interrupted, looking at his close friend with confused eyes, his heart picking up at an indescribable pace, "who's this?"

Jungkook couldn't answer that question, because who was Taehyung to him? They didn't know each other in this world, they were strangers, the type of people to barely make eye contact whilst walking past one another in the busy streets. Taehyung was nothing to Jungkook, he had to be, because most likely Taehyung has no clue who Jungkook was. To Taehyung, Jungkook was just Jimin's fiancé, nothing more and nothing less.

"Jungkook," Taehyung mumbled under his breathe, the voice was barely audible, but hooded ears still managed to get a clear view of the sound.

"Wait, you two know each other?" This time it wasn't Jimin's voice, but Namjoon who had sleekly followed behind the pair. Namjoon wanted to forget about distancing with Jungkook and would rather him feel included in the friendship group than sit with his other friends, so he slyly had hidden beside Taehyung and Jimin.

"Uh, well, uh," Jungkook stuttered over his words, his mind doing somersaults and trying to come up with a normal phrase.

"Families know each other," Taehyung lied, the way he pronounced every vowel seeming as if he was speaking from the bottom of his heart, all over lined with a false truth that everyone seemed to fall for.

"Oh look it's the best mans," Mingyu laughed, slapping Jungkook's knee to make a reaction between the awkward friendship group, "Namjoon stole my spot."

"Well I'm closer with Jungkook so it only makes sense," Namjoon smartly commented, adjusting the large framed glasses that rested on his nose.

"Okay smart ass," Mingyu rolled his eyes, taking a short sip of his water to clear his throat. He couldn't believe that Jungkook had picked this rich headed nerd over him, "nice to know you picked the geek over me, Jungkook." He shifted his attention back over to Jungkook.

"How about you be the bridesmaid then dickhead?" Namjoon huffed, crossing his muscular arms over his broad chest with a stern expression implanted over his soft features.

Everyone was in shock about how this small argument had broken out, but no one made any move to try and stop it. Jungkook felt guilty about the whole thing, wishing he could please both males. Jimin felt slightly awkward, he felt like this wasn't his place to intervene. Wonwoo continued to eat his lunch, ignoring the argument going on around him. Taehyung wanted the ground to swallow him up, not being a fan of rivalries. Jaehyun and Dongmin were trying to contain there laughter, the petty argument seeming like a comedic British television show.