Twenty

𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 ~ 𝒻𝓇𝒶𝑔𝒾𝓁𝑒 𝓅𝒶𝓅𝑒𝓇 [𝓂]

The roar smell of sizzling rice diffused through the cramped kitchen space, spicy textured flavours dispersing at a fast rate

The roar smell of sizzling rice diffused through the cramped kitchen space, spicy textured flavours dispersing at a fast rate. A low fizzle sound was prominent, the small noise that could spark a headache at an annoying moment, but luckily the disturbing noise was overdrawn by the grill that cooked the food so it was well done.

Every part of the small flat no longer smelt like the body spray Jungkook swam in, or the dry sweat scent that Namjoon would always leave around the house. As much as Jungkook loved the sweet redolence of his sprays, he basked in the scent of freshly cooked food.

The evening had arrived, and the majority of university students would be throwing house parties on a fresh Friday night. However, Jungkook and Namjoon had traditions that were important to them and wanted to keep alight in their small home.

On Fridays, Namjoon would arrive home a few hours later than Jungkook due to the small side job he did so they could afford the mortgage they were gradually paying off. Jungkook would cook fresh rice and dribble it over seasoned chicken, throwing in a few peppered vegetables and topping off the meal with a small side section of garlic bread. The pair couldn't afford expensive dates or a trip to the drive in movie, so they spent one night a week eating as though they were kings.

A small night of luxury couldn't be too much of a deal, and Jungkook was determined to make this night one to remember. He hadn't consciously been in this universe in, what had felt like, centuries so he wanted every last second made special. It felt as though the universe didn't want Namjoon and Jungkook to spend time together, but since when did the universe have feelings? Since when did the universe take over a small part of Jungkook's life? He never wanted this 'parallel world' shit to completely takeover his existence, but sadly things were going that way.

Everyone knew the phrase 'parallel lines never meet', yet Jungkook was like a scribbled line falling in out of deceit and love, no place in the fucked up universe.

The clock ticked, a small ding emitting into the deliciously scented house, Jungkook looked at the clock seeing that the time was already seven and Namjoon would be returning in around half an hour.

A smile broke onto his face, already picturing Namjoon's large form opening the door and placing a loving (but sloppy) kiss over ever inch of Jungkook's face. He could feel himself blushing just at the thought of Namjoon's lips engaging with every skin cell that graced his face. Jungkook understood that he seemed like some middle school student with an obnoxious crush, however Namjoon definitely was more than just a crush.

Crushes were people you fall in and out of love with, one minute you're determined to open up every last emotion you have towards them, and at other times you'd rather just sit in the backseat and watch them fall for someone else. And that someone isn't you.