Twenty Five

𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒻𝒾𝓋𝑒 ~ 𝒾𝒹𝑒𝒶𝓁 𝓉𝓎𝓅𝑒

The first choice, an extremely hard choice.

Picking between people was like picking between sunlight and oxygen, you need both to survive yet one can kill you much faster than the other. This whole concept of switching between worlds seemed like some paranormal dream, it felt like the moment before death where everything you have ever desired was handed straight towards you. With one twist though, once everything faded into darkness then the lights would always stay out.

Death didn't seem scary anymore, Jungkook knew if he could meet his dead brother then there must be way more to existence than just travelling over planet Earth. Life wouldn't stop or start, because it had existed this whole time.

Trailing along the streets of Seoul, Jungkook could feel himself eternally crying, he couldn't walk into his house crying. If he did then he knew he'd never leave, he knew that he had to leave four people. There wasn't a consequence if he didn't do this, but his brother had instructed him in this and there was a high chance that Jinyoung was the cause of everything.

"I'm doing this for you," Jungkook whispered, staring up at the starry sky, night time just seemed like the perfect moment to end a relationship. Night was the end of the day, and leaving someone was the end of shared emotions. Jungkook would always love all five of them, not being able to ever shake them out of his thoughts.

The night scene gave the sense of some eighties romance, breaking up with someone just before graduation due to the future being in the way. However, this time it wasn't because of paths diverting ways, this time the paths met dead ends. Jungkook was scared that he might accidentally block off the wrong path and push through a completely blocked path. He had faith in Jinyoung though, he would have a second chance if he made the wrong choice.

The thoughts reminded Jungkook of some first love notion, the idea that they were apart of your life for only a short amount of time but would remain in your heart forever. Firsts loves just had that power, the power to influence the rest of your life, even if they treated you like dirt and proclaimed lie after lie before leaving you in the dark.

"I'm sorry Jieun," Jungkook felt tears slip through his eyes, but tried to contain them.

Jieun was the first person he'd say goodbye to. The first person who'd receive heartache and heartbreak, but this just had to be done if Jungkook wanted to continue on with life.

Everything happens for a reason.

Reinforced memories drowned his thoughts, the day before his whole life changed. A time where he would repetitively watch Shane Dawson and Apex TV, receiving knowledge on all these paranormal activities. At first they seemed like just theories, but now Jungkook knew the world was more than just its top layer. Underneath every rock and grain of sand lay an intensely thought out dystopia, where the monsters that live under people's beds would thrive and all of the darkest fairytales were in fact true. Everybody only sees what they want to see, beautiful trees and blooming flowers, rays of sunshine, but a darker shadow always looms around this planet. Such a shame if you were caught up in the darkness, yet if you are caught up in the darkness it shows you the reality. That this isn't reality, but just a polished version of the netherworld.