Prologue

𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒 ~ 𝒻𝒶𝓉𝑒

Have you ever felt empty?

Like every single part of your existence is slowly draining through the tips of your fingers, escaping into the bold landscapes of nothingness.

Wanted to start again with life?

But Jungkook never felt like this, the marvelling theories of fate and how they all drag you towards your soulmate, the only person who can understand all those hardships which last a lifetime.

Fate just fascinated Jungkook.

He was that sort of guy who would watch conspiracy videos over bus journeys, that followed the deep unnerving depths beneath the reality we see.

Even though only one line got stuck in his head: 'everything happens for a reason.'

So this means every argument, every heartbreak, every regret, every smile was always thought out through centuries of planning and developing. Do people even have a control over their own life?

Jungkook's peculiar thoughts spiral through his head, finally changing his mind focus so he can fully indulge into the 'fate conspiracy' video he is watching.

Sweaty fingers clung onto the metal pole which kept him balanced on the rather long bus journey home, where his other hand interlocked with the clear phone case which draped his jet black iPhone eight plus.

Slowly, his fingers turn over his phone, so now he is faced with the backside of it, a slightly small Polaroid placed into the sleeve of the case.

Jungkook and Jimin.

Bunny teeth now in full view, the noticeable reflection of his features fanning over the shining Polaroid. The picture was rather beautiful, a day where Jungkook and Jimin had taken a small road trip during a break from college. Sun glazing the lenses which added an extra tinge to knot around the edges of the picture. Both their smiles gleaming with their signature expressions. But that day was a huge change in their relationship, because that was the day Jungkook asked Jimin to marry him.

Cold mumblings from the audio of his video no longer their, all he could do was smile at Jimin's raw beauty. Because Jimin was the most beautiful he had ever seen.

A small cough takes him out of his internal euphoria, "hey Kook!"

Jungkook looks up meeting eyes with one of his close friends, "oh hi Namjoon." He gives him a signature smile, before taking out his fake AirPods and placing them into the cheap plastic case.

Being a university student was hard in terms of money, especially since Jungkook was popular and liked to show his need to follow the expectations of young adults. Number one, own AirPods.

Not only did Jungkook spend loads of money on these 'expectations' but he also was slowly paying off the mortgage for the small flat he owned with Jimin, continuing his part time job at the gym.