Eighteen

𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 ~ 𝓌𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓅𝓇𝑜𝑜𝒻 𝒸𝑜𝒶𝓉

"I feel so empty," Jungkook whispered, staring into a fogged mirror

"I feel so empty," Jungkook whispered, staring into a fogged mirror. Condensation was spread over each glass particle, giving a mysterious feeling to the surrounding air.

The sky matched the mood, the rumbling of thunder that synthesised through the clouds, a shriek of lightning illuminating the streets. A torrent of darkness captivating the lonely streets of Seoul, except they weren't lonely. Thousands of people lived through these neighbourhoods, the rich, the poor, and the most common: the broken people.

Maybe Seoul was just an escape for all the lonely people of Korea, streets would buzz with life and everyone was living. Living was different to breathing, breathing was just a form of staying alive. It's easy enough to just breathe and never live, but even harder not to. Perhaps Jungkook never lived, his life could of gone on hold after the day Jinyoung met the clouds. His elder brother was his everything, the most important person to him. As always, he couldn't help missing him every single day of his confusing life.

"I miss you beyond words," Jungkook softly spoke, placing his sweating palm over the condensed mirror, seeing a large handprint remain even after he pulled his hand away from the mirror.

Why did it feel like the mirror had cut him? The mirror still remained in one piece, no backstabbing shards that would cascade to the ground and become a risk hazard for small feet. Not a drop of blood leaked though Jungkook's skin, not a single scratch decorated Jungkook's pale palm. Everything seemed perfect, but in reality it really wasn't.

The painful effects of no life security were downing over Jungkook, he was paranoid of what was to come. Things were plain sailing, a straight route, or five routes that all seemed special in their own perfect way. That wasn't the horrifying part though, what really scared Jungkook was the inevitability of the universe, anything could easily be given as well as taken. No matter how hard you try to hold onto something, eventually it will slip through your fingers no matter how good your grip is. Life grip was way different to the grip of a hand, where the grip of fingers open and close, the grip of life can fall in any direction. It can turn you insane.

"I don't like it, Jinyoung," Jungkook cried, placing his forehead against the cold sheen glass of the mirror, he felt small sparks of water against his cheeks and couldn't decipher whether they were his own tears or the dry water particles that were sprouted onto the mirror. A tightness in his throat was felt, almost as if all his airways were broken off and he could mask in the feeling of suffocation and drowning. Every few seconds he'd try and swallow down the lump in his throat, it felt like an avalanche of rocks at every attempt, but a few seconds later a new blockage would form causing him to repeat his throaty clearing coughs and heavily swallow.

"Please make it go away," Jungkook screamed as a migraine formed, his body felt weak and his shoulders sagged. "It's so painful, I can't bare it," Jungkook raised his voice, screaming at his own reflection, maybe it would reflect his infinite pain. In a fit of anger, Jungkook's fist collided with the innocent mirror, sending scrapes of glass to plummet from the frame, furnishing the soft carpet in harsh thorns.