Chapter 35: Glutton

Start from the beginning

After hearing Glynne's words, some of the staff are becoming restless. Kiana is already enough to almost eat all of the prepared food. If another person came with the same appetite as her, they don't know if their supplies at the back is enough if they would decide to cook more to accommodate him. Though they might get the bragging rights as their restaurant would technically be the first to get out of stock, it's questionable if they can financially jump back from it.

@@@@@@@@@@@

"Ah~ that hit the mark." Glynne let out a sigh of relief as he was satisfied with the amount that he ate.

"I'm amazed you could eat that much." Mei commented as she was quite concerned at the restaurant for having to serve basically two Kiana's.

"Hey Mei, there's a store selling crepe there!" as for the other culprit, it seems like she wasn't full yet. She held Mei's hand and then dragged her away, leaving Glynne and Bronya behind.

"Seems like they would be gone for a while." remarked Glynne as he notice the store that Kiana is heading has a quite a number of people in queue. "Should we find somewhere to sit?"

"Agreed" Bronya nodded with the boy's suggestion. Luckily a park is nearby so they didn't take a lot of time finding one.

"By the way, I noticed you've been clinging to me quite a lot today..." Glynne started a conversation as soon as they sat down. "Is there something bothering you?"

"...." Bronya didn't reply and only stared at the boy for a while. Being subjected to this kind of situation, a sweat run down on his forehead. The silver haired girl let out a sigh, well from the looks of it, and hang her head down while she tighten her grip on her skirt.

"Uhm.... Bronya?" Glynne tries called out her name as he is concerned at her current state.

"Bronya has been monitoring Glynne's status. Bronya noticed that the nutrient levels on your body is rapidly decreasing." Glynne was quite taken back, he thought he was doing a good job hiding his fatigue from everyone else. "By doing some calculations, if Bronya let it be, it would go to dangerous levels in just 2-3 days."

"Wait, that fast!?" Glynne was surprised by the fact. Actually, this was his first time using something other than honkai energy as a source for his regenerative powers. However he seems to have a miscalculation as he didn't expect that the conversion would be this much inefficient.

If the first place, the honkai energy is considered the most efficient energy among the those that are commonly use in daily life, such as fossil fuels, coal, wind, etc. The quantity to quality ratio is just tremendous that almost all of the strongest military weaponry are dubbed STRONGEST is because of this. One possible example is that they could make powerful weapon like a railgun that is similar to a size of a pistol.

This miscalculation almost caused the end of Glynne's life. He got quiet and begun to reevaluate if the risk of being discovered is outweighed by being in constant danger of getting malnourished. However before that, he has a sudden realization. The timing of going to an eat all you can restaurant is a bit too suspicious to be coincidental. He look at Bronya to see her nod, seemingly knowing what was inside his head.

The girl got near him and begun clinging into his arm. Her grip was unlike before as it was tightening to a degree that it feels like a normal person would have their bones break in any seconds. "Bronya doesn't want to lose another precious friend."

Glynne could feel her hands trembling. Bronya was someone who has a hard time expressing emotions, but there are times when they would truly show. However from what he could conclude, those that would surface are those that is hard to held, such as trauma.

"Never again... Never again Bronya will allow a friend to disappear within Bronya's sight." Glynne can clearly feel the fear being transmitted to him.

Bronya was fellow child who was experimented on, that is the only thing that he knows about her. However that is enough for him to speculate what happened to her.

Did someone like us, that is close to her died? — It was the question that is running inside his head. It seems like Bronya was reflecting that friend of hers into him. However he quickly shake that though off as there is something much more important to prioritize.

"Don't worry, I won't be going anywhere that soon." Glynne whispered on Bronya's ear as he held one of her trembling hands. She seems to be calming down and she leaned her head on his arm.

This made him remember about those two that he was tasked to save back then. Just like them, those two are also children are have been experimented on. Glynne look over at the distance wondering how those two are doing right now.

============

Alright~ another chapter finished. This took quite some time to write. For some reason, I've been revising quite a lot lately.

Anyway, thanks for reading!!!