62.

A/N:

For those of you not British, 'bird' is British slang for a lady.

Xxx

————————  ————————

It was the end of August and the group were helping Sirius move into his new flat in London. It was a modest flat, but in London even that was ridiculously expensive.

"I hope we can afford our own flat soon," Remus told Maeve as they magically lifted some more boxes into the kitchen.

"Well it couldn't be in this area, that's for sure," Maeve laughed.

"Of course," Remus laughed with her.

"I'd like a flat though, small and cosy," Maeve smiled wistfully, putting down her box.

"That sounds perfect," He kissed her.

"Oi! Less loving more lifting!" Sirius called from the living room.

"Yes, dear!" Remus called back, before rolling his eyes at Maeve, making her giggle.

"Do you think I need to buy condoms?" Sirius asked.

"Well no, just use the protection spell," Maeve said, sharing a quizzical look with Remus.

"But what if I bring a muggle bird back here? I can't just whip out my wand, well, not the wand she was expecting anyway," Sirius snorted.

"Gross," Maeve groaned, whilst Remus facepalmed.

"Sirius, you're disgusting," Marlene said as she walked in with Dorcas, both of them magically moving boxes too.

"I'm honest, my love, just honest," Sirius said without a care.

"So, mate, are we getting wasted after this or what?" James called from the living room.

"Oh yeah, definitely," He called back.

"Yes," Maeve grinned, nudging Remus in excitement.

"Is there actually any booze in any of these boxes?" Dorcas asked, looking around cautiously at the boxes.

Sirius grinned and went back into his bedroom. They heard the sharp clanging of glass, and exchanged wary looks, before Sirius came bouncing out with two huge bottle of firewhisky.

"Yes!" James fist-pumped the air while everyone else cheered.

"Before we drink it, we have to get everything out of the boxes and put away," Sirius said.

"But that's gonna take ages!" Maeve complained.

"Actually, I know a spell that could help us," Lily said with cheeky smile.

"Why didn't you tell us that sooner?" Marlene laughed.

"Go on, Lils, do your thing then," Sirius said, gesturing his hand to her.

"Alright, everyone stand back," She said, reaching in her pocket for her wand.

She lifted it and closed her eyes, muttering a spell. Remus pulled Maeve back as items started flying out of the boxes sporadically, one saucepan very nearly missing her head.

Everything flew into drawers, organising themselves, even the sofa they had brought in earlier on in the day repositioned itself to a better place in the living room.

"That's so cool," Maeve whispered to Remus who nodded, dazed as he watched everything fly around them.

And, as suddenly as it started, it stopped. Everything was packed away and the boxes were completely empty.