55.

"Now, your first NEWT exam is in three weeks! I expect top marks from this class, you all have the potential for it so anything less than Outstandings and I will know it's because you haven't worked hard enough," MgGonagall said sternly.

How nice.

Maeve shifted uncomfortably in her seat, begging the clock forward, trying to speed it to the end of the lesson. Only five minutes left!

A note landed on her desk. She looked down at it curiously, and looked around, catching Sirius' eye who was looking at her hopefully. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and she opened the parchment:

Maeve,
We're having a late night study sesh tonight in our dorm, want in? The whole group will be there.
Love,
Sirius

She looked over to him and grinned, giving him a little nod in confirmation, and pocketed the note before MgGonagall spotted it. He gave a mini fist pump, before shooting a thumbs up to Remus who grinned brightly at the blonde who was now trying to pay attention to MgGonagall again.

He felt his heart jump slightly at just the sight of those green eyes, that beautiful hair, that small smile she did when you could tell she was beginning to zone out. She was his, and he was hers. Nothing had ever made him happier than her.

The lesson ended and Remus jumped to catch up with Sirius who was now babbling excitedly in Maeve's ear as he often did.

He got to her side and caught her free hand in his, making her jump slightly. It was weird for them, but they knew that now the Slytherins knew about them, there was no point in hiding their relationship anymore. It was unfamiliar, showing affection in public, and the most it got to was holding hands...but even conversing in public wasn't anything they were used to. It was amazing though, of course. What was better than showing the world that you love someone?

"You okay, love?" He asked, swinging their hands happily.

"I'm good," She giggled at his merriness, "What's got you so happy?"

"We're hanging out tonight," He grinned.

"It's just studying, Remus," She said, her lips spreading into an amused smile.

"Studying with you," He emphasised.

"Y'all are cute but gross, I'm going to talk to Marls," Sirius said, waving them goodbye.

Remus laughed at the boy, before turning to Maeve again, "You ready for dinner with the Gryffindors?"

"I've had dinner with the Gryffindors for the past month, love," Maeve said with a teasing smile.

"It's still a big deal," He said, shooting her a small grin.

"It feels so odd," Maeve said.

"What does?" He quirked an eyebrow at her.

"Not pretending," She said with a shrug.

"Yeah, I guess it's strange," He admitted.

"But awesome," She nudged him.

"Of course," He smiled.

And although they were still getting stares in the corridor, and in the Great Hall, and in the courtyard, and everywhere else, it didn't matter as long as they had each other.

≿ ———————— ❈ ———————— ≾

"Maeve's here!" Lily cheered when Maeve walked into the dorm room.

The blonde stepped back slightly, laughing. She looked around at the group: Lily, James, Sirius, Frank, Alice, Marlene, Dorcas and of course, Remus. Everyone was sitting on the floor apart from James who was on his bed eating crisps. Books were scattered everywhere.