51.

"Remus, make sure to go through the dining room to get to the cellar that's holding Maeve. The door is at the back," Dumbledore directed.

"Okay."

"And I would take someone else with you, you don't know how much support she'll need," Dumbledore advised, to which Remus responded to with a nod.

"I'll go with you," Sirius told him quietly.

"Does everyone know what they're doing?" Moody asked.

Everyone nodded. They looked at the unassuming house as they stood behind the trees in the woods beside it.

"What's that noise?" Marlene asked.

They all stopped to listen. Remus was sure he felt bile rising in his throat when he realised what it was.

"It's screaming," He said, "Let's go."

The Gryffindors and Dumbledore walked to the front of the house, whereas the aurors went to the side.

Moody whistled, giving them the signal.

3

2

1

"BOMBARDA MAXIMA"

Moody used the spell on the side as Dumbledore did on the front so they could begin to infiltrate the house.

"What was that?" They heard a chilling voice ask.

"Stupefy!" Lily yelled at a death-eater who had appeared in front of them, blasting him back into the wall.

And then they heard the voice:

"Kill them."

They got through to a big hall, where a long table stood in the middle with many death-eaters around it, just springing to their feet, wands drawn. The battle began.

Remus dodged fiery hot curses just grazing the the side of his face, almost tumbling on the floor as he tried to avoid being hexed. It was a battlefield unlike anything he had ever experienced before, nothing could have prepared him for it.

"Protego! Expelliarmus!" He disarmed the dark wizard in front of him, seizing his wand and snapping it between his fingers.

"Damn Remus! Protego!" Sirius yelled out, defending himself against another death-eater.

"There are so many of them, shit!" Marlene shrieked, throwing herself on the floor to dodge a bright green curse that shot above her head by Bellatrix Lestrange.

Did she have blood on her hands?

"Alarte ascendare!" Lily screamed at a group of death eaters that were approaching her, throwing them high in the air to then all land on top of each other, groaning.

"That was hot," James said, before spotting a death eater behind her, "CONFRINGO!"

The Death-Eater in question was blasted backwards by the spell, crashing into another on the way.

"Nice one, James," Sirius said with a grin.

"You two need to get a move on," Lily said to Remus, wincing as she saw Marlene collapse after being hit by an unexpected curse.