5.

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to have a firewhiskey shot every time Maeve swears tonight."

Liz groaned at Dahlia's dare and scrunched her face up in disgust, she would die of alcohol poisoning.

There they were: Maeve Iverson, Dahlia Zabini, Elisabeth Avery, Regulus Black, Narcissa Black and Barty Crouch jr...playing truth or dare in the fifth year boys dorm room. What a scene.

"Barty, truth or dare?" Regulus asked.

"Dare," Barty scoffed.

"I dare you to..." Regulus trailed off.

"To kiss Maeve," Liz said with a smirk.

"Fuck you Liz," Maeve laughed.

"Damn now I have to drink," Liz cursed.

"Liz you could have done something so much harder than this but okay," Barty said.

He turned to Maeve who was next to him. She raised her lips in a small smirk, but internally was kind of just wishing for this to be over. He placed his hand on her jaw and brought her to an unfeeling kiss for a moment before pulling away and returning to his normal position.

"That's gross," Regulus said.

"Grow up, Regulas," Maeve said coldly.

"I'm hungry," Cissa spoke up.

"Someone should go and get food," Dahlia agreed, crossing her small legs beneath her, "not it."

"Not it," Cissa and Liz said quickly.

"Not it," Barty laughed.

"Fuck no, not it," Regulus said.

It happened so fast, Maeve hadn't even realised she was the only one who didn't say anything.

"Maeveyy," Cissa smiled, "can you please get us some snacks from the kitchen?"

Maeve stood up and 'accidentally' stood on Cissa's hand that was resting on the floor.

Luckily she was just in socks so the impact wasn't that painful at all, but it was the thought that counted.

"Love you too," Cissa called as her best friend left the room.

Maeve rubbed her eyes tiredly as she padded out of the Slytherin common room. What she needed was a coffee. Wrapping her black jacket tighter round her body, she walked to the Hufflepuff common room where she knew was next to the kitchens.

She stood outside the portrait of the bowl of fruit. Now, most people said that you had to tickle the pear but Maeve had never been a tickling sort of person; however, she had learnt that if enough people were afraid of you or highly respected you then you could do whatever you wanted.

"It's Maeve Iverson," She said with authority.

And sure enough she saw the pear hide behind the bowl of fruit in the portrait, and the frame swung open, recognising the name from the previous years when Maeve had visited the kitchen.

Walking quietly into the kitchen she murmered what she wanted to a small house elf working by a hob. As she waited she sat down at the side of the room. Suddenly a chorus of loud talking and jeering came from the portrait as two boys walked in. James Potter and Sirius Black. Great.

"It's Iverson!"

Maeve groaned quietly as she stood up to leave. The snacks and her coffee could be sacrificed so she didn't have to talk to these buffoons.

"Hey guys."

She looked up and saw Remus Lupin stride through the portrait door, greeting his friends. She swallowed nervously and sat back down in her chair, Black and Potter not taking notice as they high-fived their friend.

"Miss Iverson, here is the food, and here is your coffee," A house elf appeared in front of her, "do you want me to get you some milk or sugar?"

"No," Maeve shook her head as she took the things, "thanks for the stuff."

She walked to the portrait, trying to avoid the Gryffindors.

"Hey, snake," Potter called.

She let out a sigh of exasperation, "what do you want?"

"Give me some of that food," He smirked.

"Sure," She said.

She put the bag and coffee down behind her on a table, held one of the bags of crisps in her hand and pulled out her wand. Maintaining eye contact with Potter she flicked her wand at the packet and watched as it momentarily shifted.

"Here you go," She gave the bag of crisps to him.

He took it hesitatingly, exchanging wary glances with his friends.

She grabbed the bag of food and walked out with a hidden smile to the sound of their girlish screams at what she had transfigured inside the pack. What were once inanimate crisps were now writhing, pink worms.

"Fuck you, Iverson," Potter called in his irritation.

"Sorry Potter, you're not my type," Maeve laughed as she walked out.

"That's not what I meant, hey-"

And then she couldn't hear the rest of his protests as the portrait door closed behind her.

With a smile on her face she walked away from the door, but then she realised she had left her coffee in the kitchen. Fuck.

She turned around and walked towards the portrait again, just to see it open as Remus Lupin rushed out of it with her coffee in his hand.

"Hi, you forgot your coffee," He said breathlessly, handing the cup to her.

"Thank you," She said with a smile, taking the coffee.

She began to walk away from him when he spoke up, making her turn around.

"You know something?" He said.

"What?" She asked, tucking a blonde strand of hair behind her ear.

"I think that's the first time I've seen you properly smile at me," He told her with a small smirk on his face, "you should do it more often."

"I'll make a note of that," She nodded as she felt her cheeks burn.

Walking away from him, all she could feel was her heart pounding at what felt like a thousand miles an hour. Fuck.