my ex's brother is lowkey my best friend |66|

alexis's POV

i hear a car pull up in the driveway and someone knock on the door. i think my dad opened it but i'm not sure. "yeah, she's upstairs. go right ahead." dad's voice is muffled but he's got a big voice so i could still hear him. after a few seconds someone knocks on the door. i groan and get down from the hammock and walk to the door. "oh. hey." i smile a little when i see finneas. "i brought you some snacks. i didn't want you to be alone and sad so here i am" he explains, showing me the reusable bags in his hand with a bright smile on his face. "you're the best finneas" i laugh a little and hug him. 

"do you want to watch a movie?" i suggest. "sure, that sounds great" he agrees. i turn on the first movie that we agree on and he sits on the floor. "the fuck are you doing finn? get up here" i laugh and pull him up onto my bed. "okay" he shrugs and sits beside me. "so what happened when i left?" i ask. "billie started freaking out and left." he explains. "is she alright?" i ask, not really caring for the answer. i'd honestly be more upset if she were okay to be honest. god knows i'm not. "i don't know. let's just focus on the movie." he orders, pointing at the tv. 

halfway through the movie i feel finneas's arm around me. i choose to ignore it and he starts rubbing my shoulder. "what?" i laugh a little and look up at him. "nothing." he shakes his head, taking his arm off of me and scooting away a bit. "what's going on finneas?" i ask. "it's nothing really." he assures me, looking down at his lap. "you can tell me finn." i say, putting my hand on his. "i just don't know why billie would ever let you go." he answers, avoiding eye contact. "thanks finn. she's so lucky to have you. i'm so lucky to have you." i smile a little. he scoots back over to me and puts his arm around me once again. i snuggle into him and he kisses the top of my head. 

why does this feel so....

good