hospital |45|

billie's POV

"you're a dumbass" i laugh and throw my pillow at finneas. "i'm just saying! it would totally work" he shrugs, giggling with a wide grin on his face. "there's no fucking way everyone has different tongue prints" i deny, shaking my head. "it's true! look it up!" he orders. "okay, get ready to be proven wrong" i say and pick up my phone. he's saying that because everyone has different tongue prints police could quote "tongue print criminals". but i really doubt that's true. there's no way everyone has different tongue prints. when i pick it up i see i have several missed calls and a few texts, all from either alexis or her family. "shit" i whisper to myself and call layla.  (i actually had this conversation with my brother last night, turns out he was right and we all do have different tongue prints)

"hey, what the fuck man? i've been trying to reach you for like an hour!" layla exclaims right when she answers. "i'm sorry, i haven't been on my phone. what's going on?" i ask. "it's alexis. my mom was getting pissed at her and alexis ended up trying to hit her but mom grabbed her arm and twisted it, breaking it instantly. mom tackled her to the ground and started beating the shit out of her, breaking her nose as well. dad and i tried to pull her off but she just kept going back down. she's in the hospital. you should come down." she explains. "fuck. is she alright?" i ask while getting my shoes on. "i think so. she's asleep right now but i think you should be here when she wakes up." she answers. "okay. i'll be there in a few. bye." i say and hang up. 

i grab my keys and shove them in my pocket, running out to my car without saying a word. i put the key in the ignition and hear someone knocking on the window. i unlock the doors and finneas gets into the passenger's seat. "okay what's going on?" he asks as i pull out of the driveway. "alexis is in the hospital because of her bitch mom." i  answer. "what'd she do?" he asks. "they were arguing and long story short her mom broke alexis's arm and continued to beat her the fuck up." i explain, trying to focus on the road. "damn. is she alright?" he asks. "i don't know." i sigh. 

we finally get to the hospital and after a while of arguing with the secretary, william comes down and explains to her that finneas and i should be allowed to go up. once we get to alexis's room i sit down on the chair beside her bed and grab onto her hand. "how long as she been out?" i ask. "well, they put her under so they could give her stitches without her struggling like she has in the past so i'd say about an hour. the doctors say she'll be up in a few minutes." william answers. "where's julia?" i ask, biting the inside of my cheek at the thought of what she did. "she stayed home. she said she didn't care if alexis was hurt or not. she says she deserved it." layla explains. "what a bitch." i mumble. they all ignore my statement and i decide to keep quiet until alexis wakes up. 

i feel alexis squeeze my hand and immediately look up from my phone. "what's going on?" she asks in a raspy voice. "mom is a bitch." layla answers. "she was really upset and when you tried to hit her, she grabbed your arm and broke it. she thought you'd keep fighting back so she had to make sure you were out. trust me, she's sorry. she loves you and you know that." william adds. "i can't believe you're defending her." layla scolds him. "i'm not defending her. i am in no way okay with the decision she made. but i'm trying to make alexis feel better." william sighs. "when do i get to go home?" alexis asks. "we can go now if you want. let me just get a nurse in here for a second." william tells her. 

after about half an hour we get in the car and drive home. "can i stay the night at billie's?" alexis asks. "sure hun." william nods. "i love you dad. love you layla" alexis says, hugging both william and layla. "i'll take good care of her" i smile and put my arm around her. "have a good night you guys." william tells us with a small smile, though i can see sadness in his eyes. "you too" alexis responds as we get in the car. i drive us home and help alexis into the house even though she has no leg injuries. 

"oh my god alexis, what happened?" dad asks with a look of worry, standing up from the couch and walking over to inspect her. "i don't want to talk about it." alexis sighs and looks down at the ground. "i'll tell you later if alexis is okay with it." i tell him. "it's alright." alexis says. "let's get you to bed angel." i suggest. "okay." she agrees quietly. we say goodnight to everyone and i lead her to my room. "here, do you want to borrow some of my clothes?" i ask. "sure" she nods.

i help alexis get changed and we finally lay down in my bed. "thank you for coming to the hospital. and taking care of my crippled ass" she smiles a little. "no problem baby. it's my job." i say and kiss her forehead. "you say that like you have to do it." she furrows her eyebrows a little. "i love taking care of you, trust me." i assure her. "i love you bil." she tells me with a small smile. "i love you a billion times more" i respond and peck our lips together before closing my eyes and falling asleep.