just dance with me |59|

billie's POV

i feel my phone buzz against my stomach as i lay on my back, staring up at the ceiling and listening to sad music in the dark. i pick it up, seeing alexis's contact and immediately declining it.

cheating bitch hurt me like a motherfucker

the song changes and i grab my pillow, bringing it on top of me and hugging it. "depression and obsession don't mix well" x's voice plays through the room and tears start pouring down. i hug the pillow tighter and cry into it. "damn right x. damn right." i sob. i hear someone knock on the door and open it after a few seconds. i don't even look up but i know it's finneas. the door shuts and there is a dip in my bed after a few seconds. a body lays beside me and pulls me into them, hugging me lovingly. "i know billie. i know." finneas whispers in a comforting tone. "i just can't believe she would do that." i sniffle. "you wanna go egg her house?" he jokingly suggests. "hell yeah i do" i agree with a small laugh. "i was joking damn, we're not egging anyone's house. but once you're out of this stage, you're just going to be pissed off and i know exactly how to help with that." he tells me. "how?" i ask, turning onto my side so i'm facing him. "there's this hatchet throwing place that just opened up a few blocks from here" he explains. "that sounds dangerous. i'm in." i smile slightly, making him laugh a little. "we can go tomorrow if you want" he suggests. "we'll see how i'm feeling" i nod. "let's get you out of this pity party, i can tell you're hurting" he frowns and sits up, pulling me up with him. "the fuck are you doing?" i ask as he takes out his phone. he grabs my phone and pauses the music that has been playing for what seems like hours. "what the fuck dude?" i ask, hitting his shoulder. "just wait" he puts up his finger and scrolls through his phone. "we're just gonna dance this shit out." he orders, grabbing my hand and making me stand up after he does. death and all his friends starts playing on his phone speaker and he keeps a hold on my hand, spinning me around with him. i look at the smile on his face and feel one grow on mine.

once the song ends, eleanor rigby starts playing and finneas and i jump along with it. "ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE WHERE DO THEY ALL COME FROM? WHERE ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE, WHERE DO THEY ALL BELONG?" we scream at the top of our lungs and dance around the room. "I LOOK AT ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE! AHHHHH LOOK AT ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE!" we sing in unison.

we dance for i don't know how long and i finally start to feel genuinely better. "thank you finneas, i really needed that" i tell him breathlessly, exhausted from all the dancing. "no problem billie. i'm always here for you." he smiles and pulls me into a hug. "i love you finn" i say, hugging him back. "i love you too billie" he responds, kissing the top of my head and resting his chin on it.

i should call alexis.

or at least text her.