34 - The Epitome of Irony

Start from the beginning

Raine rested his forehead against Juice's and closed his eyes. "I can't wait," he mumbled. Whether they could really do that, remained to be seen. He had no idea how his father was feeling, whether he needed care... And he still had a two year old to care for and a younger sister who was close to a break-down. All of them were more important than him. 

"Hey." Juice's stern voice made him open his eyes. "You can do this, Raine. Your brothers may act like assholes, but you are the reason they're here. They love you," he said. "Obviously not as much as I love you," he continued with a smirk, "but enough to forget for one moment that your totally in love with the enemy."

Raine chuckled, his tiredness chased away by Juice's words. He would probably step on some toes, but he gave Juice a long kiss. "I love you."

"Yeah yeah, I know." With a teasing grin, Juice gave him a shove towards the door. "Go save your dad so I can finally meet him. Tell him I was the one who found him, then I'll make a good first impression."

Raine pulled him closer one more time to give him another intimate kiss before he let go of him. He was relieved that his boyfriend would stay here, especially with all his injuries, but he still hated to be apart. If something happened to his father... Then he wanted Juice near, and instead, he'd be on his laptop in another town. 

He shook off the thought. 

Nothing's gonna happen to your dad, Raine. You've lost more than enough people. You're gonna free him from that hotel room, take him home and you will tell him that you have the smartest and sweetest boyfriend in the world and that you're going to introduce that hero to him really soon.

With these thoughts in mind, he left the clubhouse of the Sons and climbed on his bike.

Worried, Juice watched his boyfriend leave. Usually Raine was the one who kept his emotions in check, but he knew he was really close to a break down now. Soon, he really needed a break from all this . Right now however there was nothing Juice could do for him, except using his laptop to support the men. He headed back to the office where Gemma was usually doing the administration and where they'd worked on their laptops the past hour. Phantom's fingers flashed across the keyboard. He looked up when Juice sat down on a desk chair, lifting the corner of his mouth. 

"Ready for round two?"

Juice had never seen such an energetic person. It wasn't annoying, somehow the Mayan gave him energy too. He had never expected to feel so comfortable around a Mayan other than Raine, but Phantom was nice company. Actually Juice had never worked together with another hacker, but by challenging and trying to be faster than the other, they brought out the best in each other. 

"Absolutely," he said. 

"You hack into the administration files to find Mary while I check the camera footage? First one who succeeds gets a crate of beer."

Juice chuckled. "Go get one then."

"After you."

With a crooked smile, Juice aimed his attention back to his laptop. He was glad he could keep himself busy and do something useful. It distracted him from the pain that still surprised him by every move he made and it also kept him from worrying about his boyfriend the whole time. 

An hour ago they already hacked into the system and found out that Raine's father had been in the lobby yesterday. This time it was up to Phantom to use the camera footage to see what room he was brought to. It didn't take long before Juice had bypassed the poor security system so he could look into the reservations. If they kept Mary there since the beginning — assuming she was there in the first place — they must have booked a room for sixteen days. He couldn't imagine there were a lot of people who booked a room for so long. Figuring out what room she was in, would be easier than finding the room of Raine's dad, since that room was booked a day ago. Unless they were kept in the same room.