Chapter Fourty Two

*Jonquil

"who are you, and what do you want?" I asked, facing the window. The guy stood at the other side smiling at me, he looked lost with his clothes tattered and wore out, for a season like this, his meant to be wearing a winter jacket but he isn't and he also looks a bit familiar. He placed his hands on the frozen glass and drew a smiley face on it. I looked at it, he then wrote " Blood"

I gasped and looked back at him but he was gone, that was when Lucien came inside. I looked at him holding my chest. "what's wrong?" he asked and I pointed to the glass. He stared at the glass for a long time, I had to see why he was staring for so long. I turned and the write up was gone "it was here.... umm a guy drew the smiley emoji and wrote blood right there" he looked at me then at the glass. "you know what?, let's go outside. I have something special for you" he said and wore me my blue winter jacket. I wore my boots, gloves and lastly, my blue beanie.

It was getting dark and we were on the road. "how would you like going to the beach" he said with his eyes on the road and fingers clutched to the steering wheel. "what?" I asked "let's go to the beach", I laughed at his statement. How and why did he think of that. "are you crazy" I said still laughing, he was smiling "the ocean must have been frozen by now. Plus it won't be open for any one" i continued laughing, I just couldn't stop. "I know just kidding". I cleaned the tears that formed below my lids. "so where are we going?" I asked "it's a surprise", "it's not my birthday", he chuckled and turned the steering wheel. I looked out the window, people removing snow from their front yard, dusting their porch and other weird stuff.

Sometimes I forget how lonely I was when I didn't have anybody, Caleb wasn't even there for me, I was alone, but now, I'm happy, I'm in love.

We stopped at large field, it was so wide, I wonder how many plots. Due to the winter season, the field was filled with dry twigs and snow. I walked further from the car and he followed behind me. The stars were at scattered all over the deep blue sky. "whoa". It was the perfect place to watch the stars.

He held my hands and led me inside, we walked untill we were standing infont of a frozen lake. It was decorated with lights and flowers hinged around the trees at the side, I wonder what was going on. "this is beautiful,... what's it for?" I asked. I looked around before I felt his cold fingers on my chin. He lifted my face to meet his eyes with his finger, his eyes were so beautiful, holding the illusion of the stars around them. I stared at it more and couldn't get enough. He smiled tucking a strand behind my ears. "hey" he said and I smiled also "hi, how're you?" I asked "I'm good, infact, I'm in love" I chuckled "I want to spend the rest of my life with you".

I can't disagree with that cause I'm thinking the same thing. But a thought crossed my mind, I'll get old and die eventually but his life span would last longer than mine.

I looked away as the thought came to my mind. His held my cheeks "look at me Olea", I hesitated before I turned my face to him. "tell me, aren't you willing to do the same for me?" I sighed "I am but.. will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?"

I feared he would say no, you'll be too old for me, that's for sure. "yes I will, why did you even think of that?" he asked and I shrugged. "hey, I still love you no matter what, human or vampire, young or old that's why I hope this isn't too much to ask...... Oleander Teresa Jonquil, will you marry me" he said on one knee.

He said it, and I froze. I was numb, I couldn't move my limbs. That was when they all popped out from their hiding place with red glowing letters that spelt- M A R R Y M E. Each of them had letters. Hallie held the M, Nate the A, Cassey the R, Sage the second R, little Diane the Y and her parents held the last two letters.

I looked at him, he looked scared, and adorable. I'm going to be a wife, his wife. I smiled but suddenly, milkish substance came flying out from my mouth. They all gasped as it fell on his face.

Read on