Chapter Thirty Four

*Rex

"it's her" I said with a smile. Diana looked confused "Stan, Follow the smell and find out where they are, they mustn't know" he nodded and walked out, I stared at Diana's blue eyes and hugged her, the first time I saw her I thought she had permanent red eyes, but I was wrong, she has the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen. "you are gonna drink the best blood you have ever drank before" I said and kissed her "and who is that from?" she asked, "just from a certain betrayer"

*********
*Jonquil

I stared at the ceiling of my room. My neck was bandaged and so was my back. I sat up and winced in pain. "be gentle on yourself" I heard from my side. I turned sharply and met Derek. "oh.... I'm sorry" I said and he stood up and gently walked to me. His smile calmed me, he looked so young, cute and small, maybe he lost his parents or something. "how are you feeling?" he asked, I smiled "good..... Um.... Where's Lucien?" I asked adjusting myself on the bed, "he's with Hallie,.... He bit you, you know that right?" I nodded "I let him", "you almost killed yourself" he  said with a frown.

Now, I don't care if he drains me, all I want is him and I know he feels the same. We were quiet for a while, "how did you remember?" he asked. I stared at him for a minute. How the heck did he know, and the memory came that night, how the heck I'm I supposed to tell him, his a kid. "how do you know?", "the bite, the scar at your back, the one that Rex made". I rubbed the spot, it was true. "that's why you were bleeding", "I'm I gonna become like one of you?" I asked and he chuckled, "no, you weren't turned"

The door opened as Cassey ran inside "Jonquil!" she said and hugged me "I've missed you" she continued still in the same position "yeah me too" I replied as we broke from the hug. She looked at Derek "have you told her?" she asked and he shake his head, what do they want to tell me, is Lucien in trouble, do they want to take me home and wipe my memories of them being vampires.

"I'm going to die soon" Derek stated and I looked at him in shock "what?", "he'll soon leave us, for good " Cassey said. I turned to face him "why?, how?, when?", "it's a long story but just understand this,....." he came closer and whispered it in my ear "love, and never fall" with that he left me, I looked at Cassey and she shrugged and followed him out. I rested my head back on the pillow and closed my eyes.