Chapter Fourteen

I❤️❤️you guys for reading. This chapter is dedicated to favourkalabor. Her comments made me smile.

Enjoy 😘😘..............

********
*Caleb

"I'll be back okay. The packs are in the refrigerator when you get thirsty just have a drink, on one should find out about you" she pecked my cheeks and turned to leave. "Tiger" I called out. She stopped then slowly turned looking reluctant. I walked to her and kissed her deeply "I love you" I said. She looked shocked but covered it almost immediately. She smiled and turned then entered inside my car and drove off and my eyes followed her until she was out of sight.

She didn't even say she loved me back. It hurts. I let her take my car cause I have numerous ones so it's no big deal. I'm alone at home, I could use a good nap.

*********
*Jonquil

He left. I was alone again

"don't let go"

I didn't, but he did. I strolled to the bathroom and stared at the mirror for a very long time. I stared at my shocking blue eyes, they were so perfect. I smiled hugging the sweater that smelt so much like him. I'm gonna cherish this, I'll go later in the day and get more.

*********
*Caleb

The day was getting darker as clouds gathered the sky. I watched little kids play with their sorcer ball. They were really good. When I was younger, I and my dad would play sorcer toll we were exhausted. My mum would yell at him and at me for playing so much. We would eat like a happy family would do. My dad died and he left my mum in a coma for months. I was devastated, jonquil was there for me. She was there from the beginning. I miss her so much.

*********
*Jonquil

"I'm coming over, today's lady's night" Cassey screamed through the phone. She was on a call with her bestie. She's going to her house for sleep over. I haven't even left this house for a very long time, I'm starting to miss how it felt like being outside and where the heck is my phone. She hugged me and ran outside hugging the dark skin girl she was so pretty, her skin so smooth. I guess Cassey loves blacks. That's a good start. I waved her bye as the car drove off. Nate wasn't home either, No one was either. Only I and I guess Hallie but she wasn't home.

Twilight was drawing near as dark clouds covered the sky. I walked to Lucien's room and laid on his cold bed. It was so cool and soft, comfortable to be specific. I wonder why he doesn't sleep here. I crawled to his side drawer as his sheets rumpled. Inside was well arranged, small note books all painted black arranged at the side then some files. I flipped through the notes but they were all empty, weird. Thunder strucked and it made me jerk. I looked around then searched inside again this time I felt something hard like a phone, my phone. I quickly brought it out.

------------
A/N: sorry guys for the quick interruption, I know that you really want to know what happened but before that you could tap the star button to vote. Thanks.
--------------

*Jonquil

My phone. Why the hell does he have my phone 📱. I switched it on immediately then scrolled through notifications that were already seen by someone. Lucien.

27 missed call, 12 voice call, 6 messages, 2 video call and they were all from Caleb. He still cares about me.

Anger creeped in as I stared at it. Who gave him the gusts to seize my phone and not even tell me about Caleb's missed calls. He must be so worried and angry.

The door to his room opened slowly. He walked in then paused. If eyes could stab a person, he'd be stabbed by now. I gave him my best glare. He looked at me then the phone in my hand. "you shouldn't have" he said and walked to his wardrobe. I stood up "how dare you" I snarled "you don't have the right to do such a thing" I continued as he stood still backing me. "it was for your own safety ", "I don't freaking care about my safety, I'm already in danger staying with you and here you are telling me it's for my safety"i yelled in frustration. He turned and stared at me, I felt his anger rising but mine had already risen, I had to make it clear to him. "you kept him worried", "he doesn't care about you again" he softly said staring his side. I gritted my teeth and squeezing hard on my palm with my nails.

"your insane"
I turned to take my leave but he held my hand. "where are you going to?" he asked not looking at me. "somewhere very far away from you and your insanity", "don't go to him, his not who you think he is, I'm here to protect you Olea, protect you from people like him, he doesn't deserve you"

"and you don't either, get your hands off me" I yelled and yanked my hand away from him before running out. Hallie watched me leave, I saw the worried look in her eyes. I banged the door behind me staring straight at the dark pathway that led outside. "Lucien, what did you do" I heard  her yell from inside.

Tears formed in my eyes as I took a step then another and another, I was running. The cold breeze hit my face sending the tears away from my face.

I walked through the familiar street, It was from my childhood. Kids ran around, laughing and playing. I missed old times. I guess this road leads to Caleb's place.

I shivered. Trees swayed as the wind combed their leaves into flying crests like a strange and fantastic coiffure, birds fluttered around and chirped merrily. I guess they were happy about the new weather. A vague scent of life, green vegetation, Lucien, I shake my head, don't want to be thinking about him, his bad news. The vague scent was diffused in the air. Rain began to fall more soberly as people ran around finding shelter.

I missed seeing people, normal people to be precise. HUMANS

Caleb's house was now in my line of sight. There was a large clap of thunder that scared the living daylight out of me. The rain soaked my hair and clothes as it fell heavier. I hugged myself and kept on walking until I was on his porch. I rang the door bell.

"Olea" a calm voice called. Only one calls me that. I turned and he was behind me. He stood under the rain maintaining his distance. "His going to hurt you" he said. Where the hell is this coming out from in his brain. He doesn't even know Caleb. Caleb is a sweetheart. I ran the bell again ignoring him. It opened revealing his tall handsome face I missed so much. He looked surprised and shocked, I understand, maybe he wasn't expecting me but I'm here anyway. At least I'm away from vampires. I need a break from them. We stared at each other, tears formed in my eyes, I couldn't hold it back. I missed him. I hugged his hard torso inhaling his cologne. It smelt different.

It took some realization before he hugged me back. He squeezed me softly placing his jaw at the tip of my head. "I'm sorry" I chocked as more tears brimmed. He stocked my hair before we broke the hug. I stared at him but his eyes were glaring at something behind me rather someone. My eyes followed his and it landed on Lucien. They were staring hard at each other, as if wrestling with their eyes. Lucien then looked at me, it felt so vulnerable, I felt sorry for him but I'm not going back to the hell. I looked away then turned to Caleb. "come on lets go inside" I said and he obeyed. I followed him but looked behind my shoulders, he was gone.

I closed the door behind me staring at nothing on the floor. "Jonquil". I looked up. The name sounded so old now, all I wanted to hear was Olea, the way Lucien calls it. I loved it. "I'm sorry" I said and walked towards him. I absorbed the familiarity of the house. He collapsed on the couch then patted the space beside him. I quickly sat and rested my head on his shoulder. "where have you been"

********
A/N: thanks guys for sticking with my book hope you're enjoying it.