Chapter Twenty Five

*Jonquil

I finally packed my hair and ran to the dining, they were all there except the creepy guy from last week. I haven't seen him since that day and I wanna see him badly. Hard to say but I missed him, I don't even know why.

"how was your night?" lady Fiona asked. Well that's the old lady's name. "it was great, I can't wait to go out, I really need some stuffs", "Derek would get them for you". I don't know why everyone's now treating me like a child, I haven't even told them about the nightmares I get, they're terrible to watch and also complicated. I stared at my food, I was already mad at her. "where's that creepy guy?" I asked, they all looked at themselves then back at me "who?" Hallie asked "the one from the other night" she became quiet as all eyes were on her. "work" she hesitated before answering "what's his name?" I asked they all looked at her wondering what was going on. "Lucien"

"that's enough now" lady Fiona said and left the table, so did Cassey and Nate then lastly Hallie. I sat alone on the table picking my food with my fork.

I finished my food and dropped it in the sink. After doing the dishes I dried my hands and turned to leave but locked eyes with some grey ones. It was him, I felt so happy but he looked the opposite. I guess he was about to enter the kitchen. We stared at ourselves for a while before he looked away and walked passed me. I stood there feeling so dumb. "why are you avoiding me?" I asked but no replies instead he took his coffee and walked out. It made me furious, I followed behind him, "what did I do to you?" I asked again as he entered a nice looking room, I'm guessing his room. It looked a lot like my room, same painting and all but his had pictures hunged up, they were paintings of different things and some pretty flowers. I was so drawn to the flowers, they were so many. I never knew guys loved flowers, I know for sure Caleb doesn't. That reminds me, where the heck is Caleb, last thing I remember is him telling me how much he hates my flowers at home and that I store them, I don't watch TV and so many other things. His probably in a girl's house giving her what he does best.

I stood at the entrance as he entered and dropped the coffee on his reading desk. "you haven't answered my questions". He looked at me, opened his mouth but nothing came out, he then looked away. "get out" was the only thing he said and laid on his bed. I watched as his muscles flowed with his movements, he was gorgeous and annoying. I walked inside "no....... Answer my question, why have you been avoiding me?" he turned to the other side. I heard someone gasp so I turned and met Cassey, she looked scared. "Jonquil..... Let's go" she said faking a smile "why, what's going on", "nothing, let's just go, you shouldn't be disturbing him, he hates getting disturbed" I looked at him and back at her. "no..... And go to your room, don't interfere" I said and turned to him. I felt her eyes on me but she left immediately, did I sound rude.

"Lucien" I called, his body tensed as I said his name but he didn't move or turn to me. I closed the door and took more steps towards him, I didn't know what I was doing but what I know for sure is that, he should look at me at least a handshake from him can work magic, I want to hug him and feel him, gosh I'm sounding like a pervert, I don't even know him.

"what did I do wrong?" I asked, a lot softer and pleading, he raked his hands through his hair and sat up not taking a glimpse from my direction. He stared at the balcony "you should listen to Cassey" he finally said, only hearing his voice made my heart melt, his room smelt like the ocean, so calm and cool, "I can kill you" he stood up and walked to his desk then took a sip from his coffee. "you wouldn't dare" I said and took a step closer. He stared at me, his expression showed pain and anger, I felt it.

I took another step and he just stood there watching, he couldn't say anything, was I freaking him out?

I was now closer than I planned, I stared at his grey eyes, he was fighting something, what was it, "I'm a killer", "if you were, you would have killed me long time ago" I said and stared straight into his eyes, we were an inch close to ourselves, our noses were almost touching. His eyes became watery.

I placed my palm on his chest, it was beating faster than normal, I want to be his heart beat, his cause to live. I wonder where all this feelings are coming from, they're a little stronger than a normal stranger feeling, or I may have met him before. My hands unconsciously circled his hard torso and I hugged him, my head rested on his chest, I could hear his heart beat as It slowly calmed down. He hesitated before hugging me back, his cologne filled the air. I felt at place, it was like I was meant to be here, meant to be with him. I felt something wet drop on my back, he was crying,

Why

"I wasn't there for you, I was late" he whispered in a way only I could hear. What was he talking about?, "I'm sorry" he continued, I stroked his back. He was now quiet, we hugged for a long time, I couldn't get enough, I love hugging him. "it's okay, everything's gonna be alright" I said but he quickly broke the hug, I missed his warmth immediately. He looked at me, "umm, I'm sorry for that awkward umm...", "no, I get it, you miss someone and that person kinda looks like me" I said with a smile "yeah, sorry" he looked away, I noticed the little drop of tears as he turned back to his wardrobe "I umm, want to take a quick shower so...", "yeah, yeah, I'll go out" I said and left for my room. I couldn't stopped thinking of those words he whispered, it reminded me of something or someone but the image of the person was still blurry on my memory.

I had so many questions to ask, I didn't even know we're to start.

*********

Author's Note...

I appreciate you all for your reads, votes and comments. They are amazing.

And also, never judge a book by its cover. Thanks for reading this chapter, if you loved it, click the star button and send some cool comments. 😉😉......