Chapter Thirty Eight

I opened my eyes and figured, I was in the woods sleeping, I must have slept off. I jumped over the short fence into the surrounding. It was prettier than Rex face. I walked to the front door but it was locked, I lightly slapped my face with my palm and I forgot, I can't get her while she's inside, I'll have to wait till tomorrow.

*Lucien

I switched off the TV and carried her to my room, Hallie had gone to see how Cassey, Nate and Sage were doing. On the other hand, Diane has gotten a new home with this amazing vampire family and she loves them.

I walked to the balcony sniffing the cold night breeze, a white cold particular dropped on my nose and more followed from where it came from. Winter's my favorite weather, Rex use to hate it cause he says it made him stiff. Although, vampires don't really need winter jackets and hats or what ever to cover ourselves.

Suddenly the smell of another vampire crossed my nostrils. In a flash, I was outside, I walked around the front porch to check if it was Hallie but the smell became faint in my nose, I know the smell of a vampire anywhere and I know this vamp isn't from my colony. I walked to the garden at the back but no one was there.

I walked back inside and layed on the couch, a thought came across my mind "will you marry her?" I asked myself.

Day two......... ............. ............

*Jonquil

"that's weird" I said and looked at myself in the mirror once more. My belly was swollen a bit. I turned to my side rubbing my belly with my hands. I shrugged it off and slipped into the bath tub. It was the season of winter, where all the trees and flowers stood still with out showing off its amazing colors. I wasn't really a fan of winter cause it gives me the chills. I always hear my mouth say "when comes the white cold comes the metallic taste and smell of blood", she would always tell my father.

After breakfast I and Lucien hopped out a bit to play with the snow, he looked paler and handsome with his eyes all lighten up, I wonder what's making him so happy. I was covered up with clothes to avoid the cold from getting into my body.

"guess what?" he asked as we sat on the porch "what?" I asked now looking at him, "no you guess", "did I ever tell you I was a good guesser,.... well if I did, I was in my dream land when I said that" I replied in surrender. He chuckled softly and caressed my cheeks with his cold fingers, they gave me chills, I shivered and he noticed. "sorry"i nodded" so what was it", he smiled "well, my birthday is in the next eight days"

Read on😘😘