Chapter Twenty

Do you guys know how long I've been dreaming of this chapter? It's a dream come true.

********

*Jonquil

I woke up in a different room, it was prettier than the last one. It was painted white and cream, specifically for a girl. I slipped out of the bed planning my next escape. The door was looked and I wasn't with my pin. I sat on the bed, I can't believe that he fooled me to thinking that I could escape. Dutch bag!

*Lucien

I wasn't sure of what to do but certain that I was gonna save her no matter what. I parked the car far away from the palace. My parent built it to look small from the outside but humongous in the inside with the help of my mother's powers. Even when she died, force barriers were still intact. Although some vampires from another colony have tried to break in, they succeeded but they didn't last long.

"stay here" I said before Hallie could get down. "what? Why?". I stood in front of the car, she quickly got down and stood behind me "this is my fight, not yours, I don't want you ending up like me", "Lucien, I'm going", "please!" I turned to face her "please I don't want to lose any other person" she looked away, I knew she wanted to fight with me but I've already lost a mother before, Olea is gone, I don't know if I can bring her back "OK, I'll wait but if I get uncomfortable I'll come" I smiled "don't worry, I'll be faster than the speed of light" I pecked her and wondered off.

*********

*Jonquil
The white dress was placed on the bed by a young girl. She was strawberry blonde with cute frickles scattered around her face. "what's it for?" I asked, her head staring at the floor, she looked scared "the king orders you to wear it for the ceremony tonight". What's going on, "umm, if I may, what ceremony I'm I getting invited to?", "I'm not allowed to say, dress up before noon" she strock a bow and left the room locking the door. I stared at the white flawless dress filled with lace that looked like I was the fishing net. It looked pretty though, it was like a fish tail dress, sleeveless and the v-neck was down to the chest. To hell with the cloth,            "there is no way I'm gonna wear this cloth". The window were closed and covered, I quickly opened the blinds, the full lengthed glass reflected the beautiful night view. Moon that its position on the sky, the city was at its perfect angle, I could see the whole world if possible, how tall was this palace. I searched around for a lock but it was just glass,

Just glass

I grabbed the lamb from the desk and hit the window real hard. "I'm not ready to get sacrificed" I gritted as the lamb shattered into pieces, only a crack on the window, "your a devil" I said and paces around the room looking for something else.

Suddenly, the room door opened revealing an old lady and other young maidens dressed in a particular uniform, holding items like, the oil inside a gold bowl, I think the other was a special shampoo and conditioner,the lady smiled at me then walked to me. "my lovely, you aren't dressed yet, oh look at the time" she said pointing her wristwatch. She looked graceful and tall but still had her old looks. Her white hair was packed up in a bun, with the rest of the girls. She double clapped her hands and the maidens dragged me to the bathroom. They were like men holding me, no difference between me and those girls. Small in nature but manly in the inside.

"I can do it myself" I yelled as they ripped my clothes off holding me under the shower. One of the scrubbed my back, another washed my hair with the special shampoo that smelt great. It smelt like roses.

I was finally sitted on my bed with a red towel wrapped around my body. I was already weak from the struggling and fighting, it drained my energy. The old lady stood in front of me, her smile was reassuring, it looked more like pity. The oil was handed to her by one of the maids. "it's called, the oil of purity" she grabbed my hair in one hand and soaked it inside. "it purifies one's soul, brings calmness but not happiness".

The oil was different, it smelt different. It wasn't like the normal oil, I and Caleb usually drink when we were little, it wasn't anything like that. It smelt like happiness to me, with its mixture of strawberry and pineapple.

The maids handed me the dress, I took it. It's time for me to accept reality, I was gonna die, take it or leave it. I put it on and sat in front of the dressing mirror. My hair was packed in a neat bun.

I lastly wore the ocean blue anklet, the ceremony was for me, my blood. They were going to feed the king and his royal guest with my blood. "tell me about your people?" I asked as she did my make up. She smiled at me, I was already warming up to her.

"Once there lived a king, he fell in love with a lovely woman, with love being bounded by all forces, they made love and bore four children. The lady hid her personality from the world but chose to open up to her one true love," I'm a witch"she said leaving the king in shock. Nevertheless, he kept this secret and got married to her, she became the queen, our queen. Now those four children scattered themselves around the world with a vampire and a witch's power in their hands. Three were given the power of a normal vampire, to feed, but one was blessed with all. This caused war between those siblings. While they fought, the blessed one had already bored a child, he sent her away for protection."she paused and stared into my eyes before  adding a mascara "now presently,"  she continued " that special girl had children scattered and one of them was our beloved queen, she was blessed with numerous strength. She was the kindest, the sweetest, a peace giver, but her kindness had bounds, too bad she was killed by her own husband. She had two sons, one is Rex, the first, heir to the throne, he took his evil character from his father, and there's Lucien, his pure, as calm as the ocean, mother's charm. He loves his mother so much, it shows in his eyes but his weak, this colony doesn't accept weaklings like him, his the direct opposite of his father.

"his not weak" I heard myself say which was surprising. "I'm certain you do not know who I'm talking about."

"I do, and Lucien is stronger than his so call father", "this child was banished for the pass fourteen years, his too weak to come back, he can't even step his foot in this palace even after being blessed with his mother's gift, his a coward". Well I never knew Lucien was a banished prince, he never said anything about his past except about his mother. I believe in him, after that day at the greenhouse, I understood that his not a normal vampire, but forces himself to be one so that he can fit in, his not a coward. "his not a fucking coward, don't you dear speak about him like that" I snarled and stood up. She looked surprised, maybe thinking if I'm insane. She signaled the maids, they led me out of the room, guess she's done, and I'm ready to die.

"I'm sorry"

*******
A/N: soooo, how was it. I loved it and I'm guessing you guys did too. I'm grateful for those that stayed, so much love. I enjoy reading your comments, they lift my spirit in writing.

Thanks, ❤️❤️........